Call of Pripyat game breaking bug right at the end

Soldato
I have played all three Stalker games now and this is my first major bug. It would have to be on the very last mission and be game breaking wouldn't it :(.

I have searched on google for a fix and although there are a couple of threads on a few forums with the same bug, the threads don't seem to go anywhere. So I thought i would ask here to see if anyone knew of a fix or a console command or something to get around this.

I'm on the last mission, where you're in the laundry room in the military base, waiting for the emission to end so that you can evacuate. The emission ends but then Kovalsky just stands there and I cant dialogue with him and the door is locked, so I'm just stuck in the laundry room.

Is there anything I can do or should I just watch all the endings on youtube and pretend I completed it? :p

BTW, I'm using the complete mod if that makes any difference.

Soldato
I used the complete mod and played all the way through, and did not encounter this bug. However, it is STALKER. There should be a console command to get him to act.

Soldato
OP
I'm wondering if it has something to do with how I have setup the complete mod as I changed my hdd over and had to dl the game again. I tried going all the way back to where you first enter Pripyat but without success and tbh I cba anymore.

I might just start SOC again as that was my favourite of the three games :).

Caporegime
I'm wondering if it has something to do with how I have setup the complete mod as I changed my hdd over and had to dl the game again. I tried going all the way back to where you first enter Pripyat but without success and tbh I cba anymore.

I might just start SOC again as that was my favourite of the three games :).

Next time you try some mods for Stalker, I'd recommend Misery or SGM for COP, and People Soup for SOC.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery

http://www.moddb.com/members/davidme

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalkersoup

Misery is the quickest to get going, comes with its own installer iirc. Easily the best mod for COP I've played.

Caporegime
How much of a performance hit does Misery carry?

Surprisingly, I found the performance in certain areas very good, perfect in fact. Others, though, were not so good - only just playable for me. All the other Stalker mods I have played have run very well indeed, though having read afterburner readings I suspect that in this case, the way this mod was designed depended more on the cpu than compared to others. I am bottlenecked somewhat (Q6600 @ 3.4 + Gigabyte SOC gtx480), so that must be it.

Visually, this is probably the most balanced and yet best looking mod I've used, and keeps within the traditional Stalker theme and style perfectly. The zombies were a nightmare in this. You have been warned. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently playing through COP, just about ready to move onto Pripyat so hoping I don't encounter this bug.

Playing with the complete mod and so far it's been a pretty bug free experience, only problem I've had was GPU usage dropping to low percentage when in DX11 mode, changed to DX10 and GPU usage remains consistently high with good framerate. Really enjoying the game and it looks so god damned beautiful with The Complete Mod.

Back
Top Bottom