Afghan Woman's Public Execution Slammed

Soldato
Wow, I'm really concerned after reading some of the posts in this. Backwards religion? Savages? Wow, just wow.

Muslims are fine, a little extreme in some of their ways, but other than the negative reputation the Taliban and other extremists are giving them, they are peaceful, they've had the west wage war on them for the past 1,000 years, almost constantly invaded and threatened, and then we call them war monger's and savages. Lol.

As for our soldiers being there, what the extremists are doing to that country... would you leave somebody in the street to get mugged, would you stand idly by and let it happen? This is the same, and they need our help, period.

I can't see the deleted posts obviously, but has somebody pulled out the timeless classic 'we should nuke them' ******** yet? The Iceberg called, it wants its tip already.

you do know the arabs invaded europe well before we got over there (a few thousand years ago)? im not saying we are angels but its far from a 1 way street here. why cant we all just say he have bad history and not treat the current generations as if they are the cause of it all. it all comes across as petulant kids

Soldato
yup

problem is though that there are still rather a lot of people out there who would self identify as 'Muslim' but whom many moderate Muslims would be quick to point out aren't true Muslims... there was a whole crowd of people cheering this woman's execution.

similar to how many christian fundamentalists go right against the very teachings they fundamentally support.

people are so ****ed up. religion should be there to help the weak if anything.

Soldato
I think we need a worldwide blanket ban on practising any form of religion. It's clearly all bullocks, you'd have to have something wrong with your brain not to see that. I appreciate that ****s will always be ****s but it would be mighty interesting to see what they could come up with to justify it if all of these hocus pocus fairy tails are taken away from them.

Associate
bad **** like that goes on all over the world. but rest assured after you hear news of british soliders getting killed over there, the British media will conveniently publish news like this to reassure the british public that "we're there for good reasons".

Associate
similar to how many christian fundamentalists go right against the very teachings they fundamentally support.

people are so ****ed up. religion should be there to help the weak if anything.

Christian fundamentalists in the US tend to be filty rich, and they make their money through not so Christian means. They are some of the most crooked individuals in the world. They're completely at odds with Jesus who was all about charity and lacked any worldly possessions.

He has such few possessions that some critics are arguing whether Jesus even existed because there aren't any physical traces of his existence left behind.

Permabanned
Amen! Or a suitable Athiest comparable :D

Edit: Quotes don't work on this phone? :(

Amen is simply a declaration of affirmation, it is neither religious or secular. It is just a word that means So be it in Hebrew that has translated with minimal alteration into modern usage. That it is used in liturgy is immaterial.

Associate
Amen is simply a declaration of affirmation, it is neither religious or secular. It is just a word that means So be it in Hebrew that has translated with minimal alteration into modern usage. That it is used in liturgy is immaterial.

Well I'm very glad that I learn something new everyday :) Thanks.

Soldato
you do know the arabs invaded europe well before we got over there (a few thousand years ago)? im not saying we are angels but its far from a 1 way street here. why cant we all just say he have bad history and not treat the current generations as if they are the cause of it all. it all comes across as petulant kids

Yeah I know that, still doesn't excuse the fact people are saying vile things about an entire civilization, nor does it mean they don't deserve our help which they desperately need.

Soldato
In my opinion religion is used to absolve the evil of their crimes and to take credit from those who do good, instead giving that credit it to a fictional deity.

The world might not be a better place without religion but I don't think it would be any worse.

In the case of this poor woman, she was simply murdered under the premise of a religious law that may or may not exist. In some ways I wish I had faith as I would then be reassured that these animals will eventually burn in hell. Fortunately for them it will just be eternal darkness in the end.

Back
Top Bottom