Huawei Ascend G300

Soldato
Backed it up before the whole thing. Will it have changed now after ICS? And also anyway to get my fb contact pics as my contact pics? On GB I could just press merge contact and it would let me pick from my fb contacts. Doesn't seem to be the case on ICS.

Associate
Meanwhile in boring old stock Gingerbread land... :p

The Huawei Launcher was doing my head in! Sometimes it would seem smooth moving through homescreens. Sometimes not so much. Occasionally it would CRASH!! AND sometimes it had to load the homescreen back after I had been doing something like a game. Seriously coming back to your homescreen and having to wait for it to load has to be the most annoying thing ever on a phone (especially having used WP7 for the past few months). Also the not-alphabetical-just-dump-it-in-nearest-available-space app list is silly.

Anyway looked into the world of launchers (previous device was an HTC so locked down to Sense :( ), installed Go Launcher EX and it's fantastic! Just waiting for ICS update now ;)

Soldato
Yeah GoLauncher was the best one I came across on GB. Why not just put ICS on? I only had the hassle due to a dodgy SD card. :p It is a lot better than GB in my opinion.

Associate
Yeah GoLauncher was the best one I came across on GB. Why not just put ICS on? I only had the hassle due to a dodgy SD card. :p It is a lot better than GB in my opinion.

Honestly since I know it's coming I can't be bothered :p With Go Launcher Ex it's working fine now so I'm quite happy with it. Plus I'm still sorta in the process of transitioning from my Lumia 710 so I'm in no rush.

Learning how to pronounce Huawei, putting on another launcher and discovering the awesomeness that is CalenGoo is enough for the moment ;)

Soldato
I was going to get one of these but went for the GS3 instead however my Dad is still interested for the good price they are.

How responsive is the screen? Is browsing smooth?

Can you have a GPS app on them aswell?

Soldato
Sometimes they come unlocked straight from Vodafone (odd I know) but best to check before paying £5 or so on eBay for an unlock code. That's what I did and it worked fine.

Soldato
Its a stonking phone for the price, mine is now my girlfriends though as I couldn't resist an s3, its running ICS and using mihome launcher, a very smooth experience :)

Soldato
I got one of these for my Dad today from Tesco Mobile. £99.

They said if I get it unlocked it will void the warranty but is their any way of them ever knowing it has been unlocked if it does develop a faulty?

Soldato
It won't void the warranty AFAIK. If your phone breaks just put the Voda sim back in and they'll be none the wiser.

Great stuff. I've seen sellers on Ebay selling 'unlock codes'. Just have to provide them with IMEI etc. Are they safe to use?

Back
Top Bottom