Who owned a Dreamcast?

Associate
Well that's the whole point about the dreamcast story. It was scrapped too soon when there was nothing wrong with it. The ps3 did pretty bad in the first couple of years. If Sony had have scrapped it at that point, admitting defeat to the Xbox 360, given the Internet age we are in, we would all be downloading tech demos for our ps3s and having a similar thread.

all cos was so is to hacked it,stupid cd and you can play copy cd
they didn't sell games

Soldato
Fishing Rod on driving games is just hilarious. No matter how fast you spin it, you still only go like 1 MPH. :D

At least if it is a game like San Francisco 2049 (Awesome 4 player split-screen game this was!), you still have buttons to shoot weapons and such.

:D Loved Rush 2049, looked so good on the DC (compared to the 64 version) and you could do 2 player co-op mode to unlock all the car upgrades, we got really addicted to it one summer when we found that out (best game iv purchased twice at £2).

Soldato
Yeah I had the demo of the game for a long time and it was mostly played on that. It at least had every notable mode playable and the stages were great.

I really miss that era of 4 player split-screen competitive combat games, and when it's vehicular combat + racing + stunt mode, so much fun.

Re-Volt was another good competitive racer and the Dreamcast version was great as well.

Soldato
Fire Pro D Wrestling on the Dreamcast devoured a summer for me, along with Spring & Autumn!

Put ym DC on when we moved house and got no laser movement and a funny charred smell!

Need to buy one at some point!!

Associate
dreamcast was a great machine, shame they underestimated the power of piracy, it killed the platform. it was the first cd rom console and i guess they were bound to make the mistakes they did.

Soldato
Yep - I recall going out on my lunch break one day, whilst working for Woolies over Christmas, and blowing about £400 on one and a bunch of games :D Had to keep it all locked in a manager's office fro safety and cart it all home on the bus; whilst getting lots of strange looks (had loads of huge bags).

Loved MSR, never finished Shenmue, but it was pretty good what I did play - house of hte dead with light guns and vodka were always a riot!

Soldato
Me, and I'm still gutted I (or rather my Mum) ever got rid of it. Her reason for the insistance that I sell it? The fact t hat I had just gotten a PS2 and obviously didn't need more than one console lying around (I was 12 at the time :()

Years later I have a PC, Xbox 360, Gamecube and the tratorious PS2 :p Actually will be on the lookout for a decent condition Dreamcast with a copy of Metropolis Street Racer in a year or two. Maybe with a CRT TV as well so I can hook up both Dreamcast and my PS2 without suffering from blurriness you get on todays TVs and old consoles.

Man of Honour
dreamcast was a great machine, shame they underestimated the power of piracy, it killed the platform. it was the first cd rom console and i guess they were bound to make the mistakes they did.

Errr... not even close to the first CD console.

TurboGrafx CD
Sega Mega CD (although not a full CD based console)
Philips CD-i
Commodore CDTV
Commodore CD32

Associate
I still have mine, and my brother just got one with a VGA box last week.

Looking over at my shelf I can see:

Toy Commander
Sonic Adventure
Shenmue 1&2
Power Stone
Phantasy Star Online
Jet Set Radio
Soul Calibur
Skies of Arcadia

And then there's even more boxed away under the bed.

It was an amazing console with such a great selection of games, I'd say it was the best console I've had.

I fancy finding a VGA box online now and have a blast on it :D

Soldato
Just wondering how many people owned one of these bad boys.

Yes i did and it was the best console ever made IMO.

There was a gran tourismo clone which was great called Sega GT and allowed u to actually create a new car.

it also had PGR which was epic and the first game Forza makers made.

We also had classic soul calibre games which looked ****ing gorgous and there was this footy game i played which was ****ing amazing at the time but forgot what was it called.

We then had unreal tournament/quake games which was a blast and could even play against pc users! i remember plaing 4 player deathmatches with my cousins and mates localy. it was awsome. one of my cousins was actually pretty god at it and always whooped our asses. we called him "quake master" as he was too good for us lol.

great times man great times!

Now on to what was possibly one of the best games i have ever played in my life > Shenmue.

My o my that game was just a masterpiece in ways unimaginable! the gameplay, innovation, graphics and storyline was absolutely stunning.

It was one of the first games to have proper 3d facial expressions and detail not matches in any game. And one of the first proper games that rendered everything in 3d.

It was technically a ground breaking game and the storyline was sensational. i am gutted that sega never finished the story. never released shenmue 3! gutted!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom