*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
After 70 hours just had my first drop that was a significant upgrade on anything I bought from the AH. I'm using it on my Demon Hunter, is it worth much to a Barbarian?

LVL 54 Rare Amulet
97 Strength
87 Vitality
Critical Damage +45%
Critical Chance +5.5%
1 Socket

Yeh that's pretty nice.

I think 50% is max crit damage possible on amulet and maybe 8% crit hit?

Deffo a nice dps item, suppose the person that spends gold on that would be someone not interested in LoH which amulets are good for.

Only reason i wouldnt go with it is the lack of resist all but then again its probably worth it for the dps boost

Soldato
ok so im finally into inferno with my monk, i seem to be doing ok for the early part of inferno havent had many issues in getting 5 stacks of NV and then farming a few areas which have been mentioned here many times.

My main problem is going by what ive read here theres going to be a monumental jump for me at some stage from the gear im using to what ill need to progress into act 2.

Also at this time ive only about 300k so its not like ill be affording any huge upgrades in the near future.

Whats the general advice then at this stage, just farm like a man possessed, hope for some nice drops either for my monk or to generate some gold and work from there?

Just killed skeleton king without any issues so will just slog on through and see when i get to the point where i just cant progress.

For what its worth theres so much talk of buying expensive gear but to this point my AH filters have been Dex/Vit and some sort of resit with a max buyout of 20k, i was previously stacking res all until i started finding gear with one primary resist + a secondary resist.

I then was able to stack cold resist get a few resist alls into the bargin and when used with one with everything had resists just over 700 with very little effort and gold cost.

Stats are very bad atm but im able to farm with no issues so far so im happy for the short term just worried how long my paitence will last once it becomes a proper grind

Associate
ok so im finally into inferno with my monk, i seem to be doing ok for the early part of inferno havent had many issues in getting 5 stacks of NV and then farming a few areas which have been mentioned here many times.

My main problem is going by what ive read here theres going to be a monumental jump for me at some stage from the gear im using to what ill need to progress into act 2.

Also at this time ive only about 300k so its not like ill be affording any huge upgrades in the near future.

Whats the general advice then at this stage, just farm like a man possessed, hope for some nice drops either for my monk or to generate some gold and work from there?

Just killed skeleton king without any issues so will just slog on through and see when i get to the point where i just cant progress.

For what its worth theres so much talk of buying expensive gear but to this point my AH filters have been Dex/Vit and some sort of resit with a max buyout of 20k, i was previously stacking res all until i started finding gear with one primary resist + a secondary resist.

I then was able to stack cold resist get a few resist alls into the bargin and when used with one with everything had resists just over 700 with very little effort and gold cost.

Stats are very bad atm but im able to farm with no issues so far so im happy for the short term just worried how long my paitence will last once it becomes a proper grind

It doesn't cost too much, you just need to be patient. I have been searching for armour with poison resist + All resist and either dexterity over 100, or crit hit chance where it's available, with a buyout of 50k. I've only got Helm and Shoulders left to buy now, have about 850 resist, 20k hp, 5k armour and 18k DPS. I'm also keeping an eye out for a 1h weapon for the mainhand to improve dps, as my current mainhand is only about 520, and it could really do with being at about 800. I may also pick up a shield for later on, just for the heavy hitting mobs.

Once I get the last couple of bits I'll give act 2 a proper go and see how far I get before the game gets silly again.

Soldato
Take it from a monk who's cleared up to and including Diablo, no matter how "cheap" you find low/mid tier gear. You will hit a proverbial brick wall with gear once you start doing act3 where the cost of upgrades sky rockets into the 10's of millions.

You can either tough it out and do the mindless grind for weeks per item or if you have the luck of the Irish by your side, maybe loot a couple items that can sell for multi millions. Either way it becomes un-fun once you hit act3+

Soldato
yeah i guess the AH game is much more fun when you have a budget to work with so it brings out the David Dickinson in me and my permatan senses go tingly when i think ive found a bargin.

So far in on 700 odd resist, 32khp, 11kdps with 6karmour (using the passive which gives armour from your dex), im on a 1h+shield combination as a nice forum member gave me a legendary shield which im still loving.

I guess from what ive read ill just keep enjoying the game while i can, its precisely the reason why its taken me this long to get to inferno as ive not been playing the game too much. Once i hit that brick wall it will become a different game entirely for me

Last edited:
Associate
The gear prices at the high end are escalating faster than any normal persons ability to farm to keep up with it to be honest. I just spent 17.5 million on a new amulet, I could gear an entire character through to killing diablo with that.

Next upgrades are things like helm with 150+dex, 60 res all, 5+ crit and socket = 50-100 million if you can even find one for sale.

Soldato
hmm you should be able to walk it tbh, you got more resists than me. How much health you got?

2h Barb with:

Just over 10K armour with enchantress
Approx 700 Fire/Phys res
51.5K HP
55K DPS
0 LOH

Also what spec are you using? are you sword/board? if so what is your block like?

Associate
Been playing through, and for the most part enjoying, with hardcore characters - though I've not made a massive amount of progress I'm forever fearful of hitting a 'wall' and being forced to start over (I wish there was some sort of middle ground where once I hit nightmare, etc., I wouldn't have to go right back to the beginning after death, but c'est la vie).

I've been pretty anal about hitting every crevice and dungeon along the way, and best I've mustered is lvl 47 (wiz) but only into about midway nightmare act 3 before I snuffed it again.

Should I just cruise through quicker, or is taking my time with side excursions at all helpful to make sure I don't "under level" on the way through and end up a weakling? Seems the general populace keeps up with me level-wise anyway so aside from breakthrough levels where I get new abilities I'm unsure it'll matter much and/or whether I'd hit 60 long before I'll reach and begin inferno anyway.

Soldato
Dunno what you're doing wrong then Pink. Though not played a Baba but as a Monk

650 Resists
29872 hp
18k dps
1628 LoH
5480 Armour

The only difference is I have twice the LoH you have.. but I'm dual wielding for the pleasure.

I can clear Act 2 pretty easily, act3 requires concentration on the elites though.

Maybe relook at your build bud

Associate
Up to 9500 armour, 700+ resists (950 in physical) with a 23k dps before bonuses on my Barb - I've got 950 life on hit.

I still can't cope in act 2 :/
Just seem to constantly get annoying mobs!

Shouldn't have many problems really, you'll die on some packs but still be able to manage them. What's your shield like and what spec are you using?

Soldato
Up to 9500 armour, 700+ resists (950 in physical) with a 23k dps before bonuses on my Barb - I've got 950 life on hit.

I still can't cope in act 2 :/
Just seem to constantly get annoying mobs!

Sounds to me like its something other than your gear then. I completed inferno act 4 two weeks prior to the nerf as dual wield with the following stats :

60k hp
30k dps
9000 armour
700 all resist
800 life on hit

Occasionally I had to sword and board but I didn't find it that tough barring maybe the odd elite pack in acts 3 and 4. Ghom on the other hand was genuinely hard.

Last edited:
Associate
resiarmour.png

Rough estimate on this?

Soldato
hmm you should be able to walk it tbh, you got more resists than me. How much health you got?

2h Barb with:

Just over 10K armour with enchantress
Approx 700 Fire/Phys res
51.5K HP
55K DPS
0 LOH

Also what spec are you using? are you sword/board? if so what is your block like?
My total life isn't amazing thinking about it, but I can't get my vitality higher without sacrificing either all resist, strength or damage modifier stats.

That 55k dps you quote, is that taking into account WotB? Or is that base damage? If its base just roughly how much have you spent on your char?

Like you I'm two handed, so no shield, my weapon is a decent one, over 100 str + vit and around 925 life on hit, 2.5% life steal, 60% critical chance.

If I swap my passives around I can get more dps, but my armour plummets. Maybe now I've upped my armour with better gear it might make less of a difference if I kill stuff quicker. Perhaps I just need to learn to run on certain mobs :p

If other people are getting much higher base dps I'm puzzled where I'm going wrong, either that or they're just spending a lot more than me! :s

Soldato
I don't find LOH or Lifesteal matter much as a 2H barb. 55K DPS is base with 1 armour passive up. I normally use the extra crit one and the one that does 25% extra dmg when at full Fury, this gives me around 68K DPS before WOTB.

With WOTB, full fury and a Frenzy rune, the other day I managed 208K DPS :)

Add me if you want i'll take a look at your gear/spec see what you can improve upon. HungryHippos#1751.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom