*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Associate
Cancelled the almost 3 week old Google Play order and jumped on the E****r next day offer. Now I just hope that E****r haven't been telling porkies.

Even though I called Google and cancelled the order over the phone, with emailed confirmation, what's the bets that I now receive two of these things? :)

Last edited:
Associate
Cancelled the almost 3 week old Google Play order and jumped on the ****** next day offer. Now I just hope that ****** haven't been telling porkies.

Even though I called Google and cancelled the order over the phone, with emailed confirmation, what's the bets that I now receive two of these things? :)
What number did you call? I tried canceling earlier this week and was told I couldn't as it was too late!

Associate
What number did you call? I tried canceling earlier this week and was told I couldn't as it was too late!

I just called 08003286081

Spoke to a chap called Stephen (US accent). Took my name, email address and and he acknowledged my request for cancellation, stated that it was now cancelled and that I would receive emailed confirmation from the cancellation team within 48 hours. (I immediately received an email from The Device Store on Google Play confirming that conversation and cancellation)

Sure enough - I have just logged into wallet and my request is logged, I removed my credit card details from their system and it stated "Orders effected by this action - None".

So it would appear that all is good. Certainly can't be sure with anything with these huge juggernauts of capitalism, once they have taken your credit card details once, I'm sure they can find a way to bill me and pretend that they are sorry later. We'll see.

Good luck.

Last edited:

POB

POB

Soldato
Just snagged one for next day delivery I think, not sure if its true but will see.

16GB as I think Google's delivery charge is a bit steep.

EDIT: Your current order status » Goods Allocated

Looking good for Friday!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Naughty naughty.

StockLEAKs-580-90.jpg

Soldato
i got screwed over :(

ordered on day one, then cancelled as went to order from the cheaper place, changed my mind. emailed and said dont cancel, did not get a response for either so called and they said 100% would not cancel, then yesterday i got a cancel confirmation email :( reordered but guess i will be down on the list now... grrrrrrrrr

Soldato
Guys,

I've been looking at the nexus since it was announced but not sure if it meets my needs.

1. I just want a tablet to surf around the house in whether its in bed or on the couch.
2. Might play the odd game or two.
3. I use a lot of google services, gmail, gdocs, gcalender etc.
4. Might watch the odd movie.

3G would be nice but i can always use my iphone as a hotspot when out and about. WIFI at home.

Is this suitable?

Back
Top Bottom