How do you rate this forums growth/evolution since you joined?

Soldato
I knew a good deal of the members in the earlier days (obviously because there wasnt so many of them)

In the past couple of years the forums have grown to the point where ive seen people being made Mods and Under bosses who i've not seen a single post from in any of the forums i've visited.

Thats whats changed for me, its not bad, its not good, its just different.

Soldato
I find GD has gone down hill. There are not as many funny / good threads. If you try to start something a little bit different all you get are posts like "Lulwut", were as before they would turn into 5* threads. It seems like to many members are trying to be cool. Oh i dont listen/eat/do anything which is mainstream and ill look down my nose at people who do.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Really?

I think you're one of the better posters. :)

Why thankyou Thundy!......I don't pay them much attention as they are generally just projecting their own contribution onto me...:D

In most cases you seem to get accused of trolling BY the trolls though.

Indeed. Which I always find ironic.

It's because in the eyes of some, trolling = disagreeing.

If you go against the majority you are a troll now it seems.

Aye, that would be about it. Good to see you back btw, we need more of your kind of contribution and less of others tbh, even if we are diametrically opposed on some things. I did txt you earlier,but it's good to see you got a stay of execution. :)

Caporegime
Why thankyou Thundy!......I don't pay them much attention as they are generally just projecting their own contribution onto me...:D

Indeed. Which I always find ironic.

Aye, that would be about it. Good to see you back btw, we need more of your kind of contribution and less of others tbh, even if we are diametrically opposed on some things. I did txt you earlier,but it's good to see you got a stay of execution. :)

I wouldn't say that is 'just' it. From what i've read of your posts you can be unnecessarily argumentative and challenging (please don't ask me to go and fish examples from the forum, I haven't got the time or energy), but instead of doing it in a crude and simplistic way that's easy to spot, you do it in a well-spoken and intelligent way that often subtly slips under the radar. I think if you were completely honest with yourself that your aim seems to sometimes be to wind people up, or at least continue an argument well beyond it's natural lifespan.

And yes, I know i'm nowhere near perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

Permabanned
I wouldn't say that is 'just' it. From what i've read of your posts you can be unnecessarily argumentative and challenging (please don't ask me to go and fish examples from the forum, I haven't got the time or energy), but instead of doing it in a crude and simplistic way that's easy to spot, you do it in a well-spoken and intelligent way that often subtly slips under the radar. I think if you were completely honest with yourself that your aim seems to sometimes be to wind people up, or at least continue an argument well beyond it's natural lifespan.

And yes, I know i'm nowhere near perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

I may seem to be excessively argumentative and to some extent that may be true...but it is generally about topics I am passionate about or I am being polemic, which is all part of the debating process surely. I am not trying to wind anyone up, I think sometimes the satirical and humorous aspects of what I write are lost due to the medium of a forum and it comes across as being combative instead, I don't know. I will also concede if I am demonstrably wrong or the debate changes my mind on something, but I am aware that one of my flaws is that I am a bit like a dog with a bone on occasion when it would be best to simply leave it alone.

I have also been known to argue the opposite simply becasue no one else is and to challenge the consensus, regardless of my personal opinion, again I don't see this as a bad thing exactly and it opens up debate.

At least that is my intention, whether I pull it off or not is something else entirely. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I miss Penski and DiamondMark, they made this place.

DiamondMark?

Really?

He was only here five minutes and turned out to of been a full blown blagger of Harley proportions.

Penski on the other hand, we could do with a few thousand more threads in motors on rusty VW golfs with 18ft wide wheels and half an inch of suspension travel.
On a serious note, be nice if he came back, he was funny.

Last edited:
Soldato
I still like it here, but there are far fewer flamboyant posters than there were when I first joined. Less ultralulz, just more sensible behaviour for the most part. I do miss some of those that have fallen by the wayside for whatever reason, but we do occasionally get the odd clown/joker to keep things lolling along.

Soldato
Good to see you back btw, we need more of your kind of contribution and less of others tbh, even if we are diametrically opposed on some things. I did txt you earlier,but it's good to see you got a stay of execution. :)
Thanks - good to be back.

Indeed, it's nice to have people you agree with half of the time - as those are the people who make you question the other 50% of things you don't normally question yourself on.

I agree, as yourself a few others have mentioned - some of us can get quite passionate about certain subjects - some of which can land me in trouble it seems :D.

Soldato
If you try to start something a little bit different all you get are posts like "Lulwut", were as before they would turn into 5* threads. It seems like to many members are trying to be cool. Oh i dont listen/eat/do anything which is mainstream and ill look down my nose at people who do.

I agree. There seems to be a large number of posters who crawl out of the woodwork and they're only interested in putting others down.

There are lolthreads I dislike though. Daily Mail article posts - you know the one where it's just a link and a couple of poorly considered sentences.

I also dislike the bragging threads.

And finally I dislike threads from brand new members trying to up their post count.

Even still I'd rather have those than no threads at all. I miss Kwerk.

Soldato
Thanks - good to be back.

Indeed, it's nice to have people you agree with half of the time - as those are the people who make you question the other 50% of things you don't normally question yourself on.
I hadn't realised that until now - but it's very true, if someone I've agreed with in the past comes out with something I disagree with then I'll listen.

On the other hand there's a number of people on here who will just make a snap judgement after reading half of the OP and then stick to that no matter what. Sometimes they agree with you sometimes they don't.

Permabanned
I agree. There seems to be a large number of posters who crawl out of the woodwork and they're only interested in putting others down.

There are lolthreads I dislike though. Daily Mail article posts - you know the one where it's just a link and a couple of poorly considered sentences.

I also dislike the bragging threads.

And finally I dislike threads from brand new members trying to up their post count.

Even still I'd rather have those than no threads at all. I miss Kwerk.

All points agreed with. There's no need to be mean to other people on the internet. You wouldn't do it in real life, so you shouldn't do it here either!

Back
Top Bottom