*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
Forget us Google Play buyers waiting, the real anger is gona be from the thousands who canceled their Play orders and ordered from the embargo breachers but their N7's hadn't been dispatched when Google stepped in and stopped the dispatch.

They're getting in from work no item waiting for them, when there isn't one tomorrow the shouting will either begin or be stifled in embarrasment.:rolleyes:

Soldato
Google Play are now shipping ALL pre orders. If you want confirmation of this call them, 0800 328 6081, and go to option 1.

I'd imagine it will be done first come first served though, hopefully people should start to see delivery notifications over the next 24 hours.

Associate
Why? The places that sold the tablet....shouldnt have. it still says 1-2 weeks on the play store....just because a few places sold them now everyone "expects" one, its ridiculous.

Hm... I kinda fall within the two camps here I think.

There is an implicit suggestion that when pre-ordering anything well in advance from the manufacturer or original supplier that you will receive the item on the day of release. Even more so if you paid a premium on delivery charges (after all, the reseller will be purchasing their stock at a discount, the originator purchases theirs at cost - e.g., more profit).

I can see why some people would be annoyed at not having received theirs. I am a little frustrated at not having mine - I wanted to play with it this weekend!

Its easy to say that the anger is misplaced - that the reseller is at fault. But then, what would they care? Their customers are happy. I think it would only be right and proper for pre-order customers to send a short, polite email to Google Play's CS team to advise them of their annoyance. I wouldn't expect anything in the way of compensation (after all, no one died or even lost a service they already had) but it does add to the feedback that any organisation get, and maybe help to strengthen these things in future.

Of course, the other side of me just thinks... Meh. Its only a gadget... it'll get here next week.

Associate
Google Play are now shipping ALL pre orders. If you want confirmation of this call them, 0800 328 6081, and go to option 1.

I'd imagine it will be done first come first served though, hopefully people should start to see delivery notifications over the next 24 hours.

Well, that's good news at least!

Soldato
Yep, going out in waves, first pre-orders shipping today and all pre-orders within the next 3 working days.

So basically everyone who has pre-ordered through GP should get theirs by the end of next week latest.

Soldato
Hm... I kinda fall within the two camps here I think.

There is an implicit suggestion that when pre-ordering anything well in advance from the manufacturer or original supplier that you will receive the item on the day of release. Even more so if you paid a premium on delivery charges (after all, the reseller will be purchasing their stock at a discount, the originator purchases theirs at cost - e.g., more profit).

I can see why some people would be annoyed at not having received theirs. I am a little frustrated at not having mine - I wanted to play with it this weekend!

Google have not yet stated a day of release so that argument is moot.

Associate
Google have not yet stated a day of release so that argument is moot.

The argument is not moot, sorry. You could argue that my wording wasn't as tight as it could be, but I think you'd be picking holes for the sake of it.

The device was "released" by another supplier. That is what I meant by "day of release" - in other words, Google lost control of their supply chain. I don't think thats a hanging crime by any stretch, but I think if it has annoyed customers (and if anything, this thread demonstrates that it has) that should be fed back.

Last edited:
Soldato
The argument is not moot, sorry. You could argue that my wording wasn't as tight as it could be, but I think you'd be picking holes for the sake of it.

The device was "released" by another supplier. That is what I meant by "day of release" - in other words, Google lost control of their supply chain. I don't think thats a hanging crime by any stretch, but I think if it has annoyed customers (and if anything, this thread demonstrates that it has) that should be fed back.

No, the release date was broken by said supplier, that does not make it the 'day of release'.

Soldato
Of course I am, just like you are making a mountain out of the molehill that one etailer shipped it before allowed and as such have not got yours on the release day :rolleyes:

Associate
Of course I am, just like you are making a mountain out of the molehill that one etailer shipped it before allowed and as such have not got yours on the release day :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm quite explicitly not making a mountain... I think you're reading into something which isn't there. Repeatedly I've said its not a big issue and that it would be unfair to expect any sort of recompense. (EDIT: Except for my Lord of the Flies quote, which must, I hope, be taken in the manner it was intended).

However, I *have* worked in supply chain management, customer service, and service operations and think that it is very important that when customers feel aggrieved that the supplier should be made aware.

Associate
I've got mine! It's better than I was expecting it to be. Very fast and very nice screen.

I put it on the same account as me Sensation XE and it automatically downloaded all the apps installed on that. Not sure I want all the apps the same, so I'll have to work out how to manage 2 devices on the same google account.

Soldato
But you are making a mountain out of it by your explicit misunderstanding of what constitutes a release day on google's behalf and further arguing the point :)

Back
Top Bottom