Staples's 'Kashmir' Managers Chair

Soldato
A month or so ago I was about to buy one and went and got this from the office furniture centre in Glasgow. £100 and I'm really pleased with it.

chair.JPG

Very similar to the Kashmir except it's got more control, and it's much, much more solid.

Since it's been a while since I bought it, other than trying it for a couple of years I think I'm happy to say it's great.

Soldato
Really liking it so far, but as said before, maybe a little bit too angled backwards, may pick up some spacers and logers screns for the back to just to put the back end up a tiny bit!

But, oh my!....SO COMFY!

Last edited:
Associate
Can't say i found the chair very comfortable but that just me, i have tried so many chairs and can't find any chair that i find comfortable.

Going to try Herman Miller next

Soldato
Can't say i found the chair very comfortable but that just me, i have tried so many chairs and can't find any chair that i find comfortable.

Going to try Herman Miller next

I wish I'd just bitten the bullet a few years ago and bought a Herman Miller, probably would have saved myself money in the long run considering the amount I've spent on cheap chairs :p

Associate
I wish I'd just bitten the bullet a few years ago and bought a Herman Miller, probably would have saved myself money in the long run considering the amount I've spent on cheap chairs :p

What My Thoughts Were., Herman Miller Offered To Send Me A Chair To Trial For a Week For Nothing, The Embody Chair Seem a Last Resort When I Tried Everything.

Don't Get Why My Phone Has Put Capital Letters On Every Word But Oh well

Soldato
Is this chair still worth getting? I need a new chair and am unsure which to go for!

I nearly got one about 6 months ago, went through trying loads of chairs from different places but actually couldn't find one that was comfy enough to replace my current, but now it's broken and it has to be replaced!

Last edited:
Associate
I went to a Staples the other week and saw that this chair had gone up massively in price. Quite annoying as I remembered this thread from last year when they were so cheap! I had a little sit on it and while it was nice, it was a little bit awkward. I have quite broad shoulders, and the side bits that dip forwards slightly made it somewhat uncomfortable. I'm not sure if this is because I'm not used to a chair like this, or if it's just going to fit well with me?

There was another chair that looked quite good though - the Mayfair. £210. Anyone know much about it? It was also really comfortable, although it's leather, rather than microfibre.

Soldato
I got one of the leather ones from a family friend who disliked it. He's quite a small bloke and couldn't adjust it enough for his liking. I love it though!

Permabanned
Chair gas

I bought the Kashmir Microfibre from staples over a year a go and the gas in the chair is starting to go. Has anyone else bought this chair and had the same problem. it cost me £129 and i thought i would get a few years out of it before the chair started to sink down when sitting on it. I know there is a few people with this chair on here and wondering if you all had the same problem?

any one know how much it will take to fix, if possible ?

Soldato
I got a gas lift for an Orange Box X10 a couple of months ago and it was £15 delivered. They dont cost that much but can be a PITA to fit.

Soldato
1. Eat Vindaloo
2. Wash down with lashings of Cobra
3. Sit on Chair
4. Gas is prodcued when the reaction between vidanloo and cobra reaches crtical mass
5. Profit ?

Safety Note:- no naked flames or smoking while you re-gas your chair using the vindacobra method.

Soldato
I had a similar problem on a chair that I bought about 2 years ago, the gas piston had broken and the chair sank whenever I sat on it. Staples replaced the whole chair for me, although it was less than a month old at the time.

Back
Top Bottom