*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Yes I do know that. Just deciding to choose one and play.

Diablo III seems to have a massive following (so it must be alright) but I personally couldn't really get into it. I've had minecraft for ages but never really gave it a chance until the other week when I was bored and I haven't been able to stay away since. You can actually build anything and its great fun online.

The OcUK server is excellent as well and there's some very helpful/friendly people who play on there and the server is one of the best managed that I've heard of.

For £16~ I would highly recommend Minecraft.

Soldato
Diablo III seems to have a massive following (so it must be alright) but I personally couldn't really get into it. I've had minecraft for ages but never really gave it a chance until the other week when I was bored and I haven't been able to stay away since. You can actually build anything and its great fun online.

The OcUK server is excellent as well and there's some very helpful/friendly people who play on there and the server is one of the best managed that I've heard of.

For £16~ I would highly recommend Minecraft.

I thought as a passtime it wouldn't be bad. But then again if it's just a build anything game, I'm thinking maybe I would get tired of it quickly. I won't know unless I give it a chance. I have been watching videos of it on Youtube, but I feel as if it's just a itch I want to scratch.

Caporegime
I'm thinking about giving this game a whirl. This or Diablo 3, not sure. Is the main objective in this game to just build stuff?
basicly yea.

its sort of like a sandbox mini mmo on the pc

most servers suport 40+ players at a time , theres a few that have slots for 100+

theres loads of really good mods my favorite is a collection of mods called "tekkit" that adds hundreds of new machines to the game and allows for some really good creations for automated factories etc

dont be put off by the low res pixel blocky graphics either as theres a lot of texture packs out there.

while it will never look anything like crysis u can improve the graphics to an acceptable level.

im using
at the moment which is a lot more easier on the eyes

Soldato
basicly yea.

its sort of like a sandbox mini mmo on the pc

most servers suport 40+ players at a time , theres a few that have slots for 100+

theres loads of really good mods my favorite is a collection of mods called "tekkit" that adds hundreds of new machines to the game and allows for some really good creations for automated factories etc

dont be put off by the low res pixel blocky graphics either as theres a lot of texture packs out there.

I would like to play single player, what can be done on servers with other people? Is there a PVP aspect or is it just build and mine and create tools? I'm not really fussed about textures I can look into that later. I just want something to help me pass some time.

Associate
I would like to play single player, what can be done on servers with other people? Is there a PVP aspect or is it just build and mine and create tools? I'm not really fussed about textures I can look into that later. I just want something to help me pass some time.

You can play either single player or online. The online play is good. I don't really get involved with much online stuff due to other commitments away from the PC but it's good logging on and seeing the world evolve. Especially when you know that everything has been built by players.

Playing online as well you've got the knowledge of all the other players to help with bits you might not be so sure about.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Is the server down? I can't get a response from it...

Looks as though I lost 3 wireless mining turtles, somehow, during the brief rollback just now... Any chance an admin can let me have 3 more?? Ta :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom