Does anyone use a 32" TV as a monitor

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the poor quality -

Link

Cheers for that, doesnt look as big as I thought so maybe 32 is ok

Hmm, the DM2780D is a TN panel, which means the viewing angles are inherently bad. And for 27", that's usually a problem. Well, depends on your viewing distance. But from normal viewing distance of 50cm (or closer), you might experience color change on the sides, and especially on the edges.

Personally, I would recommend going with IPS, if at all possible. If you want to keep the budget below £300, you could have a look at here. IPS 23" 3D (passive) monitors, though they don't have a TV tuner in them.

Thanks, as for viewing angles shouldnt be too bad as I will be sitting directly in front of it but thanks for the info, I did have a look at one in a shop it didnt look bad to me

Soldato
Thanks, as for viewing angles shouldnt be too bad as I will be sitting directly in front of it but thanks for the info, I did have a look at one in a shop it didnt look bad to me

Hmm... Even so, you will notice the edges getting a little off colour, even from 2 feet. I would honestly urge you to pick an IPS screen. The difference is massive, even for me coming from a PVA screen to IPS. But of course, it pushes the budget up.

32" isn't too big but I would caution you not to go any larger. 32" is the limit for a desktop screen, in my view.

Back
Top Bottom