*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
The rage isn't so much about the delivery date... if it wasn't for one place sending them out early then it wouldn't be such an issue.

The rage is over the poor communication, technical errors online, telling a different story each time you contact them, and generally not having a clue. And, of course, the fact that people ordering this week are getting deliveries before some people that pre-ordered on the first day.

I expected Google customer support team to be much better, each representative I spoke to said Google had a different returns policy.

Associate
Fully agreed on the poor communication comments above. My pre-order was placed on the 27th June (first day, I believe) and have heard nothing since - no new emails and no changes on Google Wallet.

Very disappointed in Google's handling of this launch and will not be pre-ordering from them again. Shame really.

Soldato
placed an order on the 30th at the indian just got a dispatch email,

dont know why people are raging you are going to get it on release day on the 19th !

There is no official release date, retailers have released on several dates (13th/16th/19th July).

Google have not given a date at all, but that's not the issue, the issue is one of a customer satisfaction.

The expectation by the customer is pre-ordering as early as possible gets you to the front of the queue and maybe with some 'perks' as well for showing loyalty and willingness to order without having seen any reviews etc.

So here we are, and by every measure of product launches, Google has under delivered and people are quite rightly disappointed..
- The majority are going to get the Tablet last of all
- Absolutely zero information about delivery and it's status given to the customer at anytime.
- Absolutely zero accurate information given to the customer when they have to approach google to get an update
- Not honouring the most basic of pre-order rules, first come, first served
- Being the most expensive with no additional perks

I have to say that when ever I've had bad situations like this, I generally vote with my wallet, and won't ever use Google again unless absolutely the last resort (I am not vindictive enough to cut my nose off to spite my face).. And it will 100% affect the amount of money I'm willing to invest in the google eco-system..

Permabanned
Anyone tried the offline google maps on this device? Going to watch the grand prix in Budapest next week and wanted to have the nexus with the map to hand.

Associate
There is no official release date, retailers have released on several dates (13th/16th/19th July).

Google have not given a date at all, but that's not the issue, the issue is one of a customer satisfaction.

The expectation by the customer is pre-ordering as early as possible gets you to the front of the queue and maybe with some 'perks' as well for showing loyalty and willingness to order without having seen any reviews etc.

So here we are, and by every measure of product launches, Google has under delivered and people are quite rightly disappointed..
- The majority are going to get the Tablet last of all
- Absolutely zero information about delivery and it's status given to the customer at anytime.
- Absolutely zero accurate information given to the customer when they have to approach google to get an update
- Not honouring the most basic of pre-order rules, first come, first served
- Being the most expensive with no additional perks

I have to say that when ever I've had bad situations like this, I generally vote with my wallet, and won't ever use Google again unless absolutely the last resort (I am not vindictive enough to cut my nose off to spite my face).. And it will 100% affect the amount of money I'm willing to invest in the google eco-system..

Well said.

I tried to call Google Play this afternoon, to cancel my order. I gave-up waiting after 40 minutes.

Ironically, the automated message kept repeating that they were dealing with customers who were ahead of me in the call queue - the implicit message being that it's only fair that people who have called before me are attended to first. But the same logic applies to my order: I placed my order on 30th June, and so it's only fair that my order is attended to before those of people who ordered after me through Play. And yet a friend of mine only placed her order over the weekend, but received an email this afternoon stating that her order had been dispatched.

Soldato
If these are released on Friday in shops then I will refuse order of the Google one and buy one from the shops. Google ought to be making an announcement, an apology and giving an update.

Associate
Just had an e-mail from Google to say my 8Gb one has been sent. I also ordered another 8Gb 10 mins after for my sister, that has yet to be dispatched.

Coming from TNT as well. Never had a delivery off them before...

Soldato
Sorry to interrupt the stream of delivery updates and disappointments...

Dont be crazy - posts like "I still havnt made my mind up yet wether to buy this or not" or "I ordered it a few days ago when do you think I'll get it?" is absolute golden stuff - I mean how can you not be interested in hearing this kind of magic?

Back
Top Bottom