Macbook Air

Soldato
I looked into it when I ordered mine and it seemed that if you wanted the 8 gig of ram it needed to be ordered online. Took mine 9 days from ordering to delivery.

Last edited:
Soldato
I went to Regent shop and they told me they only have base units. Thats why I ended up ordering on the web.:(

I think that's such a poor show - and their flagship store too. I've been in there a few times and the place is massive. Sadly the volume of space inside the store is equal to the space between the ears of the drones who work there.

Associate
To think I ordered last Sunday. :rolleyes:

v8mnif.jpg

Associate
I've heard a new 13" retina pro might be out around September/October. I was looking to get a 13" Air to take with me back to uni as I'm starting a masters this October. I really don't want to buy the Air and then the new retina pro comes out a month later...arghhh...

I really don't want to take my desktop up with me.

Soldato
To me a MBP Retina is just a 15 inch air with high res screen.

So what you are saying is they will refresh the 13 in MBA with a high res screen which I can't really see happening anytime soon as the MBA was just refreshed.

Associate
To me a MBP Retina is just a 15 inch air with high res screen.

So what you are saying is they will refresh the 13 in MBA with a high res screen which I can't really see happening anytime soon as the MBA was just refreshed.

There have been reports on the net that there will be a 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display coming out around September/October. Since the optical drive will be binned I'd imagine they will add an NVIDIA dedicated GPU to power the retina display. That what I hate about the current 13" is pro is the lack of graphics horsepower and the low res screen, hence the original decision to get the air (no graphics but higher res screen and a lot lighter).

Back
Top Bottom