Do ethnic minorities have more holiday rights?

Soldato
OP
lol, sounds like you should write for the daily fail!
As others have stated your post reeks of an underlying agenda and I question the authenticity of the whole 'story'!
More like you've just made it all up so you can have a pop at those funny coloured people :rolleyes:
It's people and posts like yours that have given OC's a right wing bigoted identity!

Pathetic.

Caporegime
The fact he's black makes no difference to this story - what if he was of a white Jamaican background?

well yes it does if you read the first sentence.

A chap at my place (who is black) told me that if you are an ethnic minority,

The dude said ethnic minority, the op just cleared up what specific minority, but it means that the black chap was saying it would not apply if he was white.

Soldato
Sorry you seem to all have missed the point. It was this whole breeze about how he was black yet SOMEHOW managed to support England, and was EVEN born here...wow!

Are you black?

Are you black and found it racist?

No?

Then stop speaking for them and calling him racist.

Try reading a whole post and not just what you want too next time.

Sorry but sick of reading stuff on here where people can not say anything without someone calling them a racist!

Soldato
Surely there's no way an employer can stop anyone taking all of their holiday entitlement in one go, regardless of race? Unless stipulated in their contract.

They might not want him to take it all in one go and ask him to make reasonable allowance for their need to manage staff levels, but that's very different from stopping him taking his holiday entitlement when he wants.

a lot of contracts ive seen state no longer than 2 weeks without approval.

Caporegime
I didn't call him racist. I was commenting on the fact that somehow a black man can be English. And you don't have to be of that race to comment on whether something is racist or not.

You do realise the only person who has mentioned anything remotely racist is the black chap?

i.e non whites should get longer holiday blocks, and even that is really reaching for a racist interpretation.

Also the part you're so poorly trying to shoe horn into the "lol the op said blacks cant be English" was actually the op pointing out the guy who is English, born in England is saying he's Caribbean...

Soldato
OP
Sorry you seem to all have missed the point. It was this whole breeze about how he was black yet SOMEHOW managed to support England, and was EVEN born here...wow!

No YOU'VE missed the point. If he is correct then I could understand the legal reasoning if he was a Jamaican that lived in England, but as he is an Englishman who just happens to be of Caribbean decent it seems to me he is using his colour to try and bypass the rules of the company.

YES you could have a white Jamaican do the same thing but if he had no accent, was born here and was culturally English (like the colleague in question) it's clearly not as 'obvious' to the boss who was dealing with the request unless that boss had an inner knowledge of the guy's family lineage. As he is black, there is a visual clue is has descended from the West Indies.

Stop trying to turn a genuine question into a pathetic attempt to prove how left wing and Guardian you are. You are looking for racism where there is none.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Also the part you're so poorly trying to shoe horn into the "lol the op said blacks cant be English" was actually the op pointing out the guy who is English, born in England is saying he's Caribbean...

Thank you!

As I said, I don't see how me seeing him as English is racist. It's the practically the opposite of what racists think.

Do the BNP consider him English, probably not whereas I do so I dunno how I'm being racist.

Soldato
Our wires are crossed here. I don't think supporting England proves that you're English, and the way I read it was that it was remarkable that he's black yet also English. As I said, I was not calling you racist.

Caporegime
Our wires are crossed here. I don't think supporting England proves that you're English, and the way I read it was that it was remarkable that he's black yet also English. As I said, I was not calling you racist.

The funny thing is he is English, was born here, supports England football team and has a local accent, he just happens to be of Caribbean decent.

yes i can see how such a sentence could easily be read as "he's black how the **** can he be English!!!!!"

also

Underlying racist attitude to your post.

that's pretty much calling him racist.

if i said there an underlying ****ish attitude to your post you'd take it as an inference....

Please fully star out any swearing. Thank you.

Associate
lol, sounds like you should write for the daily fail!
As others have stated your post reeks of an underlying agenda and I question the authenticity of the whole 'story'!
More like you've just made it all up so you can have a pop at those funny coloured people :rolleyes:
It's people and posts like yours that have given OC's a right wing bigoted identity!

lol, you just completely copied Daily Mail style sensationalism and used it in your argument and then pretty much called the OP a racist and a bigot. Good job! You are just as bad, if not worse than real racists.

Caporegime
I don't know whether you're being sarcastic or not, but that was my point.

yes it was sarcasm because what you've inferred is pretty much the opposite of the meaning.

it's not "he's black how can he be English" it's "the guy's as English as fish an chips how's he claiming he's Caribbean".

Back
Top Bottom