*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Associate
wrong tree

128px-Rubber_Tree.png

look for the doubble leaf block on top

Ah I see, thank you.

Associate
I believe the excessive logblock entries are due to cobble generators & snowball generators. Every block broken by RP block breakers is recorded, as well as every snow form/lavaflow/waterflow/cobble generation. In the case of snow generation, that's as much as 5 logs per second.

Additionally, RP block breakers "breaking" water/lava also causing a number of logs, which I've been guilty of when using my RP quarry/tunnel bore.

Potentially all that is needed is removing the logging caused by RP block breakers &/or lava/water/cobble generation.

:)

Man of Honour
OP
I believe the excessive logblock entries are due to cobble generators & snowball generators. Every block broken by RP block breakers is recorded, as well as every snow form/lavaflow/waterflow/cobble generation. In the case of snow generation, that's as much as 5 logs per second.

Additionally, RP block breakers "breaking" water/lava also causing a number of logs, which I've been guilty of when using my RP quarry/tunnel bore.

Potentially all that is needed is removing the logging caused by RP block breakers &/or lava/water/cobble generation.

Yeah. We're aware that a lot of it is down to excessive logging by these things but we're still trying to investigate some instances of it in case there is more to be found in that area.

Associate

this is in deed one of the issues as FT mentions we are search for everything
we want to nail down ALL issues as best we can with some of the new tools we have been given to do this we should be able to do that very soon :D

The next few days while i am online i will be hinting down the issues and findoing out what is the actual cause. once we have thoes nailed down we can start to make the server more smooth again.

Giant cobble stone and snowmen factories do seem to be the main issue at this point. as quarries have been much better managed and not causing the main lag issues. Water flow and snow creations is now the next big issue to get resolved :p

Associate
I only built a Crafting Table 3 today and realised that the texture for it was a bit messed up so edited the existing Sphax texture I had for it into one that works with the Crafting Table 3.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9795/crafttableii.png

Just put it in your:

C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\tekkit\texturepacks\*TEXTURE PACK FOLDER*\gui

... folder and overwrite the old file called, "crafttableii.png".

Soldato
Noticing this evening that i only seem to get a block drop every second or so block I break, regardless of the tool i'm using, affecting any block.

block is broken but no drop, even cobble/gravel are doing it.

Using iron/bronze tools.

Man of Honour
OP
Noticing this evening that i only seem to get a block drop every second or so block I break, regardless of the tool i'm using, affecting any block.

block is broken but no drop, even cobble/gravel are doing it.

Using iron/bronze tools.

Is anyone else getting this too?

edit:

Also, can you test to see if you're not just getting the same amount of drops but they're "combining" on the ground. We're now running NoLagg, which combines drops fairly frequently.

Soldato
Ft I was wandering about thinking I'd missed where the block landed, then relogged to see if it was just a bug but no luck. Fortunately not lost much and tbh it's all renewable anyway :D

First noticed it about 5pm or so but since I'm new to tekkit I just assumed you weren't always able to move machines lol /noob

Man of Honour
OP
I think that issue was caused by NoLagg's max items per chunk feature, which should now be disabled. It will still stack stuff as needed though.

I've disabled all the crazy in-depth LogBlock logging of stuff that isn't needed. I'm hoping that this will reduce server load a fair bit. Hopefully we can track down a few other things and make sure that things work a bit better from here on in.

Back
Top Bottom