BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Cube Case

Associate
Are the screws for the motherboard in that little brown box guys?

I'm confused my motherboard hasn't arrived and i forgot if it comes with its own screws or if you use the one in the box O_O

Yep you get the motherboard screws in the box.....well I used some motherboard looking screws anyway.

Soldato
My first thought when I saw this case was wow want one, however after a little more research I'm back to thinking the SG05 is still the ultimate Mini-ITX case. The Prodigy is just too big for a Mini-ITX which kind of negates the point of going ITX.

Associate
My first thought when I saw this case was wow want one, however after a little more research I'm back to thinking the SG05 is still the ultimate Mini-ITX case. The Prodigy is just too big for a Mini-ITX which kind of negates the point of going ITX.

Yeah, its big for an mITX case but it is hardly huge. And TBF the handles add a bit of the size in the specs, it still feels relatively small.

Also having started to build mine in my case I have to say I think if you reverse the way these HDDs slide in (you can easily) I think it might be possible to get a huge GPU AND loads of 3.5 inch HDDs in there, not just 2.

You do get motherboard screws in the box, yes. There is a list of which is which in the little booklet too, so you dont need to guess.

Of note for some who might be getting it The ASUS P8Z77-I also requires the use of its own screws since it uses the mounting screws for securing the vReg card. They come with it though, and it was the ones securing it that worked for me, but you get a smaller thread screw with the motherboard too if you need them.

Caporegime
OP
Im not surprised! they are so damn cute (for want of a better word) they just look so sleek... Though i do like my comparitively massive tower with its window and its lights ^__^

Soldato
One of the case fans that came with my case :( was clicking heavily :( so going to ask ocuk to send me another one.

I dont have enough headers on my power supply and motherboard for all 4 fans either so i need to buy a fan controler as well. Otherwise its doing okay.

Associate
Well I didn't like the bios at all felt awful, just not a fan of the graphical bios really but the main gripe was that it didn't have voltage fan control support so my fans where running at full pelt.

Coming from a totally silent setup it was a huge annoyance and tbh the board is to expensive for it not to support it.

The case is amazing though everything can be taken out and moved around i'll certainly buy another BitFenix after this.

Soldato
I need to get a fan controle I have one fan that isnt running lol, and the fans connected to the power supply are not running so great but its okay and i still have the stock cooler on with my own TIM granted but O_O

Associate
One of the case fans that came with my case :( was clicking heavily :( so going to ask ocuk to send me another one.

I dont have enough headers on my power supply and motherboard for all 4 fans either so i need to buy a fan controler as well. Otherwise its doing okay.

Just use a fan splitter? I have a bitfenix cable which runs from a molecular to 4x fan connectors. It also drops the voltage down to 7 volts.

Job done - no need for a controller

Soldato
If nO one else replies, I'll get you a pic tomorrow as I have the same motherboard coming.

Thank you so much bro,

yeah I think i may just get a fan splitter i saw a braided Bitfenix one for a fiver that would do the job :)

Look forward to the pic lol every combination for the front lights ive done is fail.

Also my top and rear case fan are connected to my psu but are running so slow.... like barely pushing air. Im running them on 3 pin connectors how ever there are only 2 pins in each psu connecter instead of 3 for some bizarre reason.

Back
Top Bottom