*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
I have been using it since i got it :p and have seen no backlight bleed or ghosting but is there anything i can do that can check this? an app or something that will test the screen just to make sure?
I am 99% sure i have no left hand rise as it seems smooth and i cannot feel any change in height when i run my finger around.

Pro-tip...... If you are happy with something, don't go to XDA or ask for ways to check if you should be happy on the internet DEFINITELY if its in a thread Tom_D is posting in.

Within 10 minutes you'll hate the damn thing as you've been inspecting stuff you wouldn't have dreamt of looking at in a million years. Its a £160 (Without the vat.) high powered tablet.... Chances are it may have the odd issue,we're not talking Rolls Royce jet engine levels of manufacturing here.. It'll have been put together by the cheapest of chinese labour.

Soldato
And just to wind up anyone who hasn't got theirs yet:

20120720072337.jpg

Don't hate the player... :p

Soldato
I cancelled my order on the 29th of June, and had my funds refunded a week later. However they still shipped one out and charged my card just prior to shopping.

With all the data Google has on me they must have known I couldn't resist opening up the box. Luckily for me I did, loving the device so far and no issues with my one.

Soldato
the only issue mine has is the slightly raised screen (and it clicks if you listen closely), just like in mrk's review. I could live with it, but there is no guarentee that it won't get worse so I think I'll have to take it back tomorrow for a refund. No one has any in stock in my local area, so it looks like I won't have one for holiday :(

Associate
Well The 16GB N7 gone from 1 to 2 week's to now coming soon, looks like those that haven't received it yet proberly won't be getting them any time soon from Google.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know if Google are dispatching using 1 day shipping instead of 2? I read due to the delays that they were using 1 day shipping.

Mine was dispatched yesterday by TNT using 'Express' delivery.

Will it come today?

Soldato
Does anyone have a known to be good Flash/iPlayer APK I could side load? I've found some on various websites but I'm weary of downloading from an unknown source.

Back
Top Bottom