*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Associate
That would just be a black wallpaper from google images :p

aLgrw.png

IIRC there is an option in apex to not have a wallpaper though (so will just be black as well).

Thanks Nexus I'm trying to recreate your theme :p Any chance of a link to the rest of the icons in the style of your launcher like facebook etc is there a whole pack by mrk?

Caporegime
Any chance you could post up a screenshot of your go sms theme and possibly how to set it up? Not liking the stock SMS app in Jelly Bean, it's got a white background, doesn't really fit in with a black/blue theme.

Yup, in the middle of SS and posting settings, be done in a few minutes :)

You might like this SMS app instead though:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sImNvbS5hbmRyb2lkcHJvZHVjdGlvbnMuaWNzLnNtcyJd

I love it, however, it is too limited in features currently.

Thanks Nexus I'm trying to recreate your theme :p Any chance of a link to the rest of the icons in the style of your launcher like facebook etc is there a whole pack by mrk?

No problem :)

My god, everyone on this forum must have the exact same layout now :D :D :D

Unfortunately not, those are the only 4 icons that he made, iirc he did upload the .psd file at some point so people could mod/make their own etc. be best asking in the GS 3 thread though as I don't think he visits this thread at all :p

Caporegime
7cFqV.png hczRS.png
The "bubbles" in the conversation thread are actually darker than that on my phone in the proper text message threads.

Firstly, install this theme and then adjust the following:

Conversation list settings:

Of course for all the black backgrounds, it will just be 255 for RGB.

Contact font colour:

Red - 51
green - 181
blue - 229

Time and message font colour:

red - 255
green - 255
blue - 255

Transparency bar 5/6

Conversation customization:

Incoming and outgoing background colour;

IU8X6.png
incoming font colour:

Red - 51
green - 181
blue - 229

outgoing font colour:

red - 255
green - 255
blue - 255

Transparency bar 5/6

Date font colour:

red - 255
blue - 255
green - 255

Transparency bar - 4/6

Hyperlink text colour;

red - 110
green - 255
blue - 102

Associate
Damn right! ;):D
The old Defy was brilliant running CM, wish I'd kept mine as a backup :( (It was from the Desire/Galaxy era don't forget!)
Shame Motorola decided to screw owners on support then reduce the brand to super cheap ****, that's one way to haemorrhage customers (Richy, you should've swapped yours asap)

Yes I know I should have swapped it asap but the One series weren't out at the time :D

You pretty much sum Motorola up. Be interesting (slightly :D ) to see what they come up with next. The folks grumbling about the lack of ICS over at the Defy+ forum would be better looking elsewhere as it's now an outdated phone and pretty poor one at that. That said it does have good signal reception and is dust and water resistant :p

Man of Honour
Yesterday, Telstra let the cat out of the bag - HTC is working on a Jelly Bean update. Today, HTC officially confirmed it and offered the full list of devices that are planned to get the update.

There are no big surprises here - the HTC One X (the Tegra 3-based model), the HTC One XL (Qualcomm S4-based version, known as One X on AT&T) and the HTC One S will eventually be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

The smartphone maker will make "timing and other details about HTC and Jelly Bean" available to the public later on.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_officially_confirms_jelly_bean_coming_to_one_x_xl_and_s-news-4543.php

Soldato
^ I'm still waiting for my 4.0.4 update. :p

lol awesome sig Nexus! I want one too! :cool:

Yes I know I should have swapped it asap but the One series weren't out at the time :D

The folks grumbling about the lack of ICS over at the Defy+

Swapped it for a new Defy... rebooting is usually linked to a hardware issue.

ICS for the Defy+? lol, the first Defy (identical to the Defy+) didn't even get Gingerbread! That's the biggest crime any phone manufacture can commit, using a software update for a "hardware" refresh. ****ers.
I actually still prefer the natural IPS screen to the One S (not including outdoor performance, maybe they swapped panel supplier on later models) and at 1.2Ghz it was fast enough for everything bar games. Cracking phone for the price back then.

Associate
Swapped it for a new Defy... rebooting is usually linked to a hardware issue.

Yes, I know what you meant and yes I did swap it and the next Defy+ was just the same :mad: Moto told me it was a sim issue and to swap sim and when that did work "Try using it without a sim and you may find it doesn't reboot?". I pointed out that when it's turned off and left on the shelf it also doesn't reboot then too. Moto support would do your head in and to think I looked at a Razr ..... "Nurse, time for my medication" :D

for the Defy+? lol, the first Defy (identical to the Defy+) didn't even get Gingerbread! That's the biggest crime any phone manufacture can commit, using a software update for a "hardware" refresh. ****ers.
I actually still prefer the natural IPS screen to the One S (not including outdoor performance, maybe they swapped panel supplier on later models) and at 1.2Ghz it was fast enough for everything bar games. Cracking phone for the price back then.

Defy + was only an overclocked Defy? Very roughly..

Display is good really but on a bright day very difficult to see. Like I say it runs ICS pretty well considering and the reboot issue has gone which would point to a software issue perhaps? I only use it on any day I think their is an injury risk to the One X :eek: Not very often. It's worth nothing so may as well keep it for a spare? One S I'll have to make a desicion on at some point. Having been unlocked etc I dunno if I would risk the hassle of ebay and a possible warranty claim for a prospective buyer?

Soldato
Defy + was only an overclocked Defy? Very roughly..

The Defy+ is a Defy with a slightly bigger battery, Gingerbread was used as the main difference.
Imagine Apple trying to sell a iPhone 4 running iOS5 as the iPhone 4S and keep existing iPhone 4 owners on iOS4... Samsung do the same with mid/low end phones, Sony and HTC(?) are the only ones who offer full support through out their range.

Associate
Ok have been using the the phone for a while now and impressed.

The low signal at times does not seem to be major problem through I'm certain the WiFi signal reduces the phone signal. As when I switch it off I get more bars. Also the Wifi drops when it should not occasionally. Just annoyance at times rather than a problem.

Anyway coming from a HTC Desire HD first amazing how light and thin the phone is.

Battery life is great - I had to charge the HD every night - its every 2nd night with the One S but I can get it to last well over 2 days when running battery to zero.

Loud speaker works well - the speaker on the Desire HD was rubbish and tinny and could hardly here it when it rang in pocket. You had to very choosy with ring tones.

The LED notification is poor.

Caporegime
The low signal at times does not seem to be major problem through I'm certain the WiFi signal reduces the phone signal. As when I switch it off I get more bars. Also the Wifi drops when it should not occasionally. Just annoyance at times rather than a problem.

Just tried that out on mine and can't say it really made any impact at all :p

Switched wifi on and off throughout that time, maybe about 5 times.

8PEUX.png
Will give it another shot when I have weaker signal though.

And yup I experience the wifi drop outs, the annoying thing is though, it is guaranteed that it will always happen after midnight (only for a short time though), never during the day :confused:

It is a bit like these forums, works great throughout the day but as soon as it hits midnight, they run so slow then! :p :o

Associate
Anyone know if you can use the volumn button as a camera button bit hard to take a picture without being able to see where to click

Soldato
Anyone know if you can use the volumn button as a camera button bit hard to take a picture without being able to see where to click

I'd love if this was possible. Taking photos one handed is rather awkward in landscape. Even harder when im trying to take pictures of my duckface for myspace have to stab around the screen till it clicks :(

Associate
just did a quick google search and there are a few apps on the Play store that do this.

I've tried lg camera and camera ics but they aren't that well polished.

On the 1S they only take a 8 MEG in a 4:3 ratio for some reason and don't have a very good photo review menu as you can only seem to view the last taken picture and you have no option to delete it.

For Camera ICS click the equalizer icon and then the triple dot menu button and the it has a Volume keys option.

I think the camera auto focus' so you just need to pause a second and then hit the shot volume button you've assigned.

InQ

InQ

Associate
Started using Swiftkey 3 after seeing recommendations on here (and elsewhere).
Liked it so much it has become the first app i have ever bought.

However i now have a slight problem, the personalization menu has the Gmail, Facebook and Twitter greyed out. It seemed to happen after i tried to sync my Gmail account to it, it came back saying the servers were busy and it has been greyed out ever since.

Any ideas how to solve it or has anyone got the same issue?

InQ

InQ

Associate
Just tried re-installing and as soon as i log into Gmail on Swiftkey 3 it says it cant login due to busy servers and greys it all out again.

Back
Top Bottom