*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Associate
Been looking at an otterbox case as i work in the building trade but they seem to get mixed reviews - is there anything else worth looking at that gives good protection?

Soldato
Just got a 32gb class 4 card for mine, little on the slow side though.

Im finding the official car mount to be brilliant, nice and solid.

Associate

I got one from the Morpeth shop - its rubbish. Very unstable - you cant operate the phone while in the dock.

The box says its for the s2, which I'm assuming is a lot smaller?

You need to use two hands to mount and to remove.

I had one for a Desire that held a spare battery in the back that was great - I could leave the phone mounted and answer texts while it was docked on the desk - Looking for something a lot more stable now :(

Man of Honour
I decided to get a leather slip case for mine. I don't particularly like cases you attach to the phone but like something nice around it so I can put it down/into pockets without having to be too gentle.

I went into my local shop and they only had one case of this sort for the S3. I thought it looked okay but wasn't really sure, but I thought for twenty quid it's worth a try, as I'll no doubt get some others in future.

So, here it is, the Belkin Leather Pocket Case, Samsung approved:

PpUcb.jpg

rHqmv.jpg

De25d.jpg

ysbn3.jpg

What do I think to it?

Well... the good points first:

• The leather feels very nice, it feels slightly rubberised so is nice to touch, and feels decent quality.
  • The phone slots in nicely and it isn't too tight.
  • The tab is 'sprung', so it brings the phone out about an inch, then automatically retracts. This is better than the ones you pull all of the way out.
  • The back looks quite nice, and the speaker cut-out works as it should.
  • It has a slot for a business/credit card, if you want that.
  • It's nice and light.
  • The microfibre lining inside actually cleans the front and back of the phone! Seems a nice material.

Bad points:

• The front doesn't look particularly great. There's a slight bump towards the bottom as you'll see from the picture where the card holder part is joined to the front. It isn't generally as obvious as it looks in my picture, but you can see it.
  • If you aren't using a card, the circle looks a bit pointless and out of place.
  • It hides the notification LED.
  • While the phone isn't a tight fit, which is good, it may be considered to be a bit loose. If you very loosely hold the case upside down and shake it, it could fall out.
  • The tab sticks out at the top, a cutout on the back for it to slot into may have been better. Though in fairness I haven't found this to be an issue or annoyance.

Anyway, overall it's worth considering, but there will no doubt be better ones that I come across. It looks like I'll have to get some ordered. I like the look of the Fitbag, but it looks far too bulky, this doesn't add all that much bulk to the phone.

Caporegime
Should have my Sena slimfit leather case arriving from America via fedex on monday. At the moment im using a fitbag which was for my One X, problem is that the fitbag is tight although the S3 fits in it pretty well ie all of the phone is covered but as i said its a tight fit, have to give it a good yank to get the phone out of the pouch.

Ive used Sena slimfit pouches before, used one for a few yrs with my iphone4 and i have to say i was very impressed with it. I would have picked one up from here but couldnt find any stockists sadly so had to resort to getting it shipped from Sena direct.

Looking forward to getting it on monday and ill post up a review if anyone is interested in it. From past experiences, its a tight fit but once the leather softens up then its a breeze getting the phone in and out of the case.

Caporegime
Sena case for the SGSII was a pita as the power button is on the side and the case is far too tight - kept switching the phone off.

I have that issue with my fitbag but hopefully Sena will have fixed that problem. The case can be tight but it should loosen up after a few uses...my sena case for my iphone4 was very tight but then loosened up after a few days.

Soldato
Check this dock out, like the Zenis but lower profile, fits with bigger cases and has audio out for connection to PC/stereo etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-GAL...134979?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1e6ec09a03

Post pics/thoughts on it when it arrives :p

Got it yesterday and wasnt impressed tbh. The S3 wouldnt stand up straight and was worried the connector in the phone would snap. I even connected it to my Onkyo and sound wasnt that good, works fine when connected via headphone socket. After 10 minutes of faffing about I binned it.

Thank anyway for this link mrk. I'm still looking for a dock with audio out if anyone see's something good.

Soldato
I have that issue with my fitbag but hopefully Sena will have fixed that problem. The case can be tight but it should loosen up after a few uses...my sena case for my iphone4 was very tight but then loosened up after a few days.

I have a Sena for my Galaxy Nexus and at first it was pressing the power button etc but after a few days it doesn't do that any more and it's getting easier and easier to remove the phone, the case is lovely though.

Back
Top Bottom