** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
God Fergie is starting to become senile.

“Their buys are all 25, 26 or 27. Established players with good *maturity and experience.
Key players in our team...
Hart was bought when he was 19, Kompany 22, Aguero 23, Balo 23 and Silva/Nasri 24. Add in Richards who is still young.
And "When City beat United 1-0 at the Etihad on April 30th, the average age of City's starting XI was 26.54. For United, it was 28.45"

Oh and would much rather Falcao then RvP ;) :p

Last edited:
Soldato
God Fergie is starting to become senile.

“Their buys are all 25, 26 or 27. Established players with good *maturity and experience.
Key players in our team...
Hart was bought when he was 19, Kompany 22, Aguero 23, Balo 23 and Silva/Nasri 24. Add in Richards who is still young.
And "When City beat United 1-0 at the Etihad on April 30th, the average age of City's starting XI was 26.54. For United, it was 28.45"

Awfully defensive aren't you :o

What Fergie said was hardly a negative

Caporegime
Omg fergie making no sense shocker. Carrick isn't a great player he's good but not great. To think he has something extra to give to bridge that gap to city in midfield is confusing to say the least.

Fergie says you don't need tacklers but isn't that what fletcher is about so...

Soldato
Biz, the Falcao bid is meant to be €55m. Wonder if you'll raise it much.

I know. I just realized I didn't put that in my OP.

Well we will maybe raise it because we can sell Tevez and Dzeko for around 40m I imagine so that helps massively.

It could also be a tool to get Arsenal to accept our offer for RvP.

Awfully defensive aren't you :o

What Fergie said was hardly a negative
Well he's talking rubbish so I will be defensive.

Soldato
Well he's talking rubbish so I will be defensive.

How's he talking rubbish, he's right. City simply don't need to sign players with just potential because they can afford to buy ready made stars, for example you won't see City signing someone like Powell with the intent of actually playing them like we have. Likewise he's right about the youth system, it's pointless even arguing it because you only have to look at Chelsea and see how many players from their youth setup have made it into the first team in the last 10 years since they got a rich owner. While the owners are still willing to spend the money on the best players not only will the oppertunities not be there for City's youth products City won't even need to worry about that being an avenue for new players

Permabanned
^ That's pretty funny considering he's trying to spaff £30m~ on a 19 year old. :p

I'm desperately hoping that deal gets done.

I heard they have upped the bid to £32m today after the £27.5m was rejected. It seems that was the figure that Sao Paulo wanted. Time will tell.

Man of Honour
And that’s the difference between Manchester United and the rest – we can play 18-year-olds because it’s part of our history.

“It’s like a destiny for us. When a young player emerges, we play him – and that has never failed us.”

“No other clubs can do that.

Yes, no other clubs in the history of association football have ever fielded a teenage player. I felt so sorry for poor Cesc when Wenger said to the lad "Sorry son, you've got to wait another three or four years before you get a game".

Soldato
How's he talking rubbish, he's right. City simply don't need to sign players with just potential because they can afford to buy ready made stars, for example you won't see City signing someone like Powell with the intent of actually playing them like we have. Likewise he's right about the youth system, it's pointless even arguing it because you only have to look at Chelsea and see how many players from their youth setup have made it into the first team in the last 10 years since they got a rich owner. While the owners are still willing to spend the money on the best players not only will the oppertunities not be there for City's youth products City won't even need to worry about that being an avenue for new players
So I take it you didn't read what I quoted and responded to?
Ah yes so you have bought a few players recently that you have played that are young. Congrats.

We have signed quite a few of the best talents in Europe for our youth team recently. A young lad named Nir Biton is likely to sign also who is 20 who we are signing to play.

We have a lot of good players around 19-20 but they go out on loan to prove themselves eg Guidetti. Funny fergie didn't mention that.

BTW Mancini iirc has given more appearances to youth players than previous managers so yes they will get a chance to play and prove themselves.

At the moment we just have the likes of Yaya and Silva in the team so its hard to play. Utd don't so its easier to get a game. If you had the squad we had Powell, Welbeck and so on wouldn't get a game.

Soldato
So I take it you didn't read what I quoted and responded to?

Yes I did read what part you responded to, you took offence for some crazy reason to Fergie saying you bought players between 25-27 who were experienced I fail to see how that's a negative? It's what every club would like to be in a position to do, sign the best players at their peak. You're also absolutely right if we had the funds City have (and probably a different manager) the likes of Welbeck would just get shafted out of the door like City did with Sturridge.

Like I said your throwing a hissy fit for basically no sane reason, Fergie's mind games win again ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
He is either as clever as he appears, or he really is going senile.

His record speaks for itself though, has his philosophy changed?

(edit: talking about fergie)

Man of Honour
I heard they have upped the bid to £32m today after the £27.5m was rejected. It seems that was the figure that Sao Paulo wanted. Time will tell.

Aye, that does seem to be the case. Fingers crossed.

Would be crazy if we got RvP as well! :eek:

*expects to get neither* :(

Soldato
If van Persie ends up in a Manchester United shirt, I would be amazed.

Was expecting Pienaar to have singed by today. Yobo looks like he's nearly gone on a permanent basis which could help finance the Pienaar move.

COYB

Soldato
Aye, that does seem to be the case. Fingers crossed.

Would be crazy if we got RvP as well! :eek:

*expects to get neither* :(

much more likely unfortunately

( Im not even sure if the £32m bid being placed is correct)

Also sounds like Baines has rejected the chance to join United (although its a twitter rumour, so take that into account)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom