Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Liking that model of the Accord, shame Honda didn't do a Type R version of it.

yeah the euro R which was only available in jdm :rolleyes:

i really like the shape, and with a nice spoiler on the back and some bigger wheels, that would have been an awesome car.

honda missed a trick there imo

Ep3 is better though mate. Save yourself 4K!

i would drive both if i were you taken.

i drove an fn2 and its not a patch on the ep3 handling wise.

the lack of irs makes for a much stiffer and arguably less refined ride. something that is instantly apparant when you have tried both cars.

its more modern etc but a sorted ep3 would be much better if you wanted equal performance for half the price.

if you do buy an fn2 then go for a colour other than red...

Soldato
yeah the euro R which was only available in jdm :rolleyes:

i really like the shape, and with a nice spoiler on the back and some bigger wheels, that would have been an awesome car.

honda missed a trick there imo

I think they also missed a trick by not putting V6's in them since they weren't going to do a Type-R version, would have been good for the top of the range model to be a V6 since they were aiming to break into the compact exec market. The Acura TL which was the same bodyshape came with V6 in the American market, they were probably really nose heavy, but would have made great cruisers. Missed opportunity with that model, they were really pretty and classy looking unlike the bland predecessor or the fussy and bloated successor.

This one looks really good: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3795309.htm

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Not many people can handle a type r can they.

the vast majority of us manage just fine on a daily basis.

Although the article doesn't mention too much about the incident, I would hazard a guess that the owner of the CTR was driving at considerable speed to do that sort of damage.

I enjoy a spirited drive every now and again but you just don't do it with your family in the vehicle with you and you don't do it when other people are using the road.

such a shame when people go and do this

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
that isnt a civic headlight. red seats give it away that it is a facelift, it must be off the other car.

seems the story has been updated since last night

Associate
Don't let people under 25 drive a 200bhp car - simples.

For those of us over 25 we can look back and see that was used to drive like idiots, a lot of young men are generally the same. It's only when you reach your mid twenties do you start to care more about self preservation and the cost of driving like a tool than showing off.

Still love a blast, but I'm more experienced and a lot less likely to take a risk. If I was in my early twenties and someone mentioned I couldn’t drive a 200bhp car I would have told them to get lost, but looking back it makes sense.

Btw I’m not necessary assuming it’s the young lads fault.

Last edited:
Associate
197 for ep3 and 198 for fn2?
I've not seen the actual incident site, but I know the road well, and unless the civic driver was really motoring then I can't see anything else that may have caused the incident.

Back
Top Bottom