**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
Hopefully it's just a problem with my ram (samsung green) causing it...might try overclocking the cpu with the ram at stock and see if it behaves the same.

Man of Honour
Am I right in assuming that the wifi version is identical to the non wifi except the inclusion of the wifi module?

And can anyone confirm how many fan headers this board has as I have 5 fans needing a home?

Associate
Am I right in assuming that the wifi version is identical to the non wifi except the inclusion of the wifi module?

And can anyone confirm how many fan headers this board has as I have 5 fans needing a home?

Yeah same board but with Wifi and BT 4.0 module included.

Also here is the fan header and internal connection info:

1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x PCIe power connector
5 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
1 x mSATA connector
1 x CPU fan header
4 x system fan headers

1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
3 x USB 3.0/2.0 headers
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
1 x power button
1 x reset button
1 x Clear CMOS button
1 x heatsink LED power connector
1 x BIOS Switch
Voltage Measurement Points

Soldato
Do u think I should buy Ivybridge i7 3770K to replaced my Sandybridge i7 2700K on my current board Z77X UD5H.

I just want to know if I set Ivybridge at 4.20GHz with lowest vcore (I know this Ivybridge run more hottest) compare with my Sandybridge at 4.80GHz @ 1.32 vcore and does Sandybridge win the performance overall because Sandybridge is likely running much cooling than Ivybridge if it was set at 4.8GHz and probably end up 1.42 vcore and likely to hit 95C ?

Caporegime
Do u think I should buy Ivybridge i7 3770K to replaced my Sandybridge i7 2700K on my current board Z77X UD5H.

I just want to know if I set Ivybridge at 4.20GHz with lowest vcore (I know this Ivybridge run more hottest) compare with my Sandybridge at 4.80GHz @ 1.32 vcore and does Sandybridge win the performance overall because Sandybridge is likely running much cooling than Ivybridge if it was set at 4.8GHz and probably end up 1.42 vcore and likely to hit 95C ?

I say stick with the 2700K.

An Ivybridge is a fatser CPU clock vs clock, but not that much that 4.2Ghz is enough to beat a [email protected].

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Built my new gaming rig using this board but can't get triple sli to work. Sli with 2 cards works just fine but, as soon as I put the third card in the bottom PCIe slot, I don't get the sli option in the Nvidia control panel - Windows, GPU-z and Nvidia control panel all see the 3rd card so it's working but it won't let me enable sli. I'm using the latest BIOS from Gigabyte (F8), latest chipset drivers and latest Nvidia drivers. Has anyone got triple sli working with this board yet?

Relevant spec:
CPU - 3770K
GFX - Palit GTX670 (X3)

Am I missing something obvious? Do I have to enable something in the BIOS? (I've had a look but can't find anything obvious).

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
It doesnt support triple SLI.

The slots run at 8X, 4x, 4X with three cards, it does triple Crossfire, not SLI.

It appears you're right. I was convinced it did but, on checking, it appears not. I think I was making a wrong assumption that, because the third PCIe slot becomes available using an IVY Bridge CPU, it supported triple sli.

Never mind, it works with Hypersli, so all is well.

Man of Honour
Just received my Z77X-UD5H WiFi yesterday, sweet looking mobo, just waiting for my i7 3770k to turn up today and I'll be away :D

Will I need to update the BIOS to run the i7 or will it just work?

And how good is the graphics on board, comparable to any discreet cards?

Caporegime
Just received my Z77X-UD5H WiFi yesterday, sweet looking mobo, just waiting for my i7 3770k to turn up today and I'll be away :D

Will I need to update the BIOS to run the i7 or will it just work?

And how good is the graphics on board, comparable to any discreet cards?

It will work out of the box, but put a newer bios on it anyway, there's been plenty of fixes with them.

Back
Top Bottom