call of duty: black ops 3 preorder?

Associate
call of duty: black ops 2 preorder?

I'm new to ps3, my cousin who doesnt have a cc wants me to preorder a game for them.

I always thought preordering is just a lame way to get gullible buyers to commit and the preorder discounted price isn't all that great compared to decent deals online.

Any insight into the subject? is it worth preordering black ops 2.

edit: should say black ops 2 and not black ops 3.

Last edited:
Associate
what are the pre-order incentives? to be honest its a pretty safe bet as you know what your getting and their mostly decent games, having said that there's no shortage of copies so why bother unless incentives are good enough, you could probably pick it up at a midnight launch earlier than a pre-order would hit your matt if that floats your boat.

Man of Honour
Most(if not all) places will honour any price drops post pre-order and usually a good few days or weeks after the game is release. Every time I've pre-ordered games I've had a few quid refunded a few days later.

Regarding Black Ops 3, going by the current trend of CoD games, you wont be getting that until November 2014.

Black Ops 2 on the other hand...... :)

Soldato
The Supermarkets haven't really done the big loss leader type sales since MW2 and given the dire state of video games retail thus far this year, I would imagine come November that retailers are going to want the full RRP for a game they know will sell regardless. The Supermarkets might budge a little bit, but I doubt it will be anything like 2009 was.

Associate
I always pre-ordered major releases to ensure that I got my copy of the game on the day. AFAIK GAME/Gamestation stores can only stock a certain amount of copies of a game at any one time, and you'd have to wait until the next stock come in which could be a week away for all you know. I remember this happening at my local Gamestation for the Halo 3 and GTA IV releases. I didn't pre-order and they ran out of stock, had to wait a week to get a copy.

Soldato
Im hoping I can find a great online deal like I did for MW3 last year, getting the hardened version for about £55. After selling the founder status and female juggernaut avatar I paid probably £25 for my copy and the year of elite. Never going to get a deal like that pre-ordering in store.

Ok you have to wait until launch day for it to arrive and of course theres a chance it wont arrive that day but touch wood mine always have!

Last edited:
Soldato
I always pre-ordered major releases to ensure that I got my copy of the game on the day. AFAIK GAME/Gamestation stores can only stock a certain amount of copies of a game at any one time, and you'd have to wait until the next stock come in which could be a week away for all you know. I remember this happening at my local Gamestation for the Halo 3 and GTA IV releases. I didn't pre-order and they ran out of stock, had to wait a week to get a copy.

And you couldn't go anywhere else? I picked both of those up from asda with ease.

Associate
I picked up mw3 hardened edition on pre order for £64 from asda, bearing in mind this comes with the game and £50-odd of dlc this was a right bargain! Shop around see what extras you can get

Back
Top Bottom