*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
Google really are useless.

I previously had an order on the Play store for a 16GB that I rang to get cancelled. They assured me it was stopped, the holding charge vanished off my card and I got the cancellation email through.

This morning, I get an email saying it has shipped and i've been charged.

NOT HAPPY.

Caporegime
Wonder how the big players like Samsung ect are going to respond to the Nexus 7 now it out, I bet they already thinking up something in the £150-200 bracket that better than the Nexus 7 if not match it.

It will (quite rightly) force the often inflated prices down. If they want their tablets to become mainstream then they will need to price them accordingly.

Associate
So what apps have everyone installed that they can't do without? Not trying to get a list of games here, but things that make the N7 useful!

I'm currently using, but would like some more good'uns:
ES File Explorer

Soldato
It will (quite rightly) force the often inflated prices down. If they want their tablets to become mainstream then they will need to price them accordingly.
Tbh if Asus/Samsung/insert manufacturer release an 8Gb device with Jelly Bean, MHL and a SD card slot for say $250 then the Nexus is going to look under-specced already - add 32Gb of storage via microSD for $20 yes please...

Man of Honour
So five days after asking Google to cancel my order this turns up this morning:

Hi, x x

At this point it is no longer possible to cancel this order. Your order is
processed shortly after your purchase is complete. Our expedited order
fulfillment process ensures that packages are delivered quickly, which
also means that there is a very short window of time to cancel an order
prior to our shipping provider moving forward with delivery.

I recommend leaving a prominent note on the door to let our shipping
provider know that you're refusing delivery of the package. In some cases
our shipping provider has returned packages if their drivers see a note
for refusal of delivery. The note should include the following:

- Refuse delivery-Return to Sender
- Include signature
- Include tracking #

If your package is returned due to refusal of delivery, your order will be
cancelled and refunded within 2 weeks.

If the package is successfully delivered in spite of the delivery refusal
note on your door, you can still refuse delivery of unopened packages
within 5 days of delivery. To do so, contact our shipper directly to
schedule a pick up of your package. Make sure to let them know that the
pickup is specifically because you're refusing delivery.

IMPORTANT: Don't open the package. Our shipper will not allow refusal of
delivery for opened packages.

Regards,

Matt
The Google Play Team

So if you cancelled bad luck as it appears they do not have a process to stop orders. I won’t be ordering from them again that is for sure.

Sure, leave a note outside so you driver can nick the package, They really do not have a clue.

One word describes this, "Pathetic". :mad:

Soldato
I absolutely love this tablet and jelly bean but I am awaiting an RMA process from Google and won't buy another until the screen issues are sorted.

Hope Google UK has learned from its logistics screw up, that Google will implement better QC in the future and that despite both of these they are damn proud of getting such a good product out at an accessible price.

If the device is working why send it back? Use the thing and send it back once the issue has either been officially acknowledged or new units that are fixed have plentiful stock?

Soldato
So what apps have everyone installed that they can't do without? Not trying to get a list of games here, but things that make the N7 useful!

I'm currently using, but would like some more good'uns:
ES File Explorer

Adfree (after rooting)
The verge
Engadget
Stumbleupon

And for gods sake can we either start a new "official" thread or start a "knackered nexus 7" thread? I see it's an issue but this thread is useless to me as mine turned up absolutely fine which I imagine can't be that unusual, even with a high "failure" rate they've still shifted a hell of a lot of these!

Associate

So if you cancelled bad luck as it appears they do not have a process to stop orders. I won’t be ordering from them again that is for sure.

Sure, leave a note outside so you driver can nick the package, They really do not have a clue.

Im forcing them to cancel my order, after sending an email that i wanted to cancel, i took the money out of my account, put it into my other account then ordered it from Tesco's, got an email this morning from google saying they couldn't get the money and after 7 days it will be cancelled ha ha :)

Man of Honour
OP

Ha, what a bunch of clowns.

Soldato
Tom. For the love of god, either get one, or dont. but can you please stop posting every 3rd post with

"There are faults you all just dont look hard enough!"
"What tablet should I get for £200?"
"Ohhh its killing me"

It is doing my crust in.
Get one. Or dont. It is that simple.

Associate
Keep going Tom - the devil in me makes me want to see his head explode

Oh, and mine's out for delivery today so fingers crossed on the screen raise issue

*dons Tom_D goggles and pulls out magnifying glass *

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Keep going Tom - the devil in me makes me want to see his head explode

Oh, and mine's out for delivery today so fingers crossed on the screen raise issue

*dons Tom_D goggles and pulls out magnifying glass *

Just be careful that you don't explode when the screen pops out. :D

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Used mine for a couple of hours last night, first impressions are good the device is slick and works fluidly. No screen defect:) I am well pleased with this device I might buy the wife one aswell.

Soldato
Wonder how the big players like Samsung ect are going to respond to the Nexus 7 now it out, I bet they already thinking up something in the £150-200 bracket that better than the Nexus 7 if not match it.

It seems that Google aren't making anything on the 8Gb version due to the hardware specs, so Id doubt there will be anything better in that price range.

Mine is out for delivery today :D

Soldato
they're not making anything which isn't sustainable for the other OEMs and it's not like they all got the message when they got no traction with their at or around iPad price devices.

Funny how Google have nailed it in one, get a cheap well specced device and people will buy it in droves. Just a shame nobody else will be able to do it as they can't justify loss leaders to gain market share!

Associate
Order placed 8th of july google play, Shipped.
4hours later
Order placed 6th of july google play, Shipped!

Oh the joy of them working backwards.

Now to refuse them!

Back
Top Bottom