The Python Walkthrough Thread

Soldato
stumbled across these threads so thought i'd give it a go, hope no one minds.

done stage 2, but not really sure what the process is for making it work.

sry to be such a pain, but is it possible to explain what it's doing/how it working, or should i be able to figure that out before i go further ?

either way nice work rich :).

Associate
OP
stumbled across these threads so thought i'd give it a go, hope no one minds.

done stage 2, but not really sure what the process is for making it work.

sry to be such a pain, but is it possible to explain what it's doing/how it working, or should i be able to figure that out before i go further ?

either way nice work rich :).

Add me to Skype, etc. See my signature below for my details. I will go through it with you (or anyone else) in more detail.

box

box

Associate
Hi Rich, really awesome thread you've got here ... I'd love to join in if I can! My dissertation next year will involve Python, but I've only had any real taught experience with Java thus far. I'll see about getting myself up to phase 3 this week if I can.

Soldato
I'm back on the wagon with php, so I can learn some python in a couple of weeks after my holiday.

I need to understand more about the concept of functions and classes and when they should be used.

Soldato
This python course is starting soon if anyone's interested -

https://www.coursera.org/course/programming1

This is fantastic - I have pretty basic Python knowledge overall and found myself impressed with the way it explained the help function and how to get a list of built-in functions.

Did my homework for last week and found myself caught out on 2 questions, but I rushed it a bit and didn't read so my fault.

Associate
This is fantastic - I have pretty basic Python knowledge overall and found myself impressed with the way it explained the help function and how to get a list of built-in functions.

Did my homework for last week and found myself caught out on 2 questions, but I rushed it a bit and didn't read so my fault.

Hmmm.. Got full marks for the assignment then tried to improve my exercise score from 17.25/18, took note on paper of the correct answers (tick boxes) and finished with 12/18.
Could have been that the answers were in a different order.
Much damnits as I failed that one.

Edit: found they have accepted my highest mark - relief!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom