*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
im steadily working through act 2 inferno now on my barb. i must have spent about 600k at this point and thats swapping and changing to try different methods of gearing.
i think im at a bit of a sweet spot at the moment, though i could do with a lot more +block.

off the top of my head, my stats are something like

44k health
20% block of about 2.8k damage blocked
18% dodge
all resists are up to about 600 with the shout buff that gives +50% bonus
and my damage is just under 15k dps
armor is 7.8k

Associate
Associate
Eh? Ladder mode? Please tell me you aren't talking about some sort of PVP nonsense.

Ladder mode has nothing directly related to any PvP but does add a little competition.

Ladders reset every few months, and so with that, so did the economy. You create a ladder character and it's fair game for everyone, and with the way the drops were balanced on Diablo 2, everyone had a good chance of becoming pretty powerful. Even if you didn't find a drop you wanted, it was completely feasible to find something someone else wanted and would pay over the odds for - none of this manipulated drops to assure Blizzard a profit. On Diablo 2 it wasn't just about "IAS, crit chance, crit damage and primary stat", the majority of item affixes were able to be useful and builds were a lot more complex (both skill-wise and gear-wise), it always make it a game of discovery and progress.

Each ladder reset there was usually little updates and there'd always be new items/runewords to chase, slightly edited skills and synergies allowed it to always be fresh aswell. The endless amount of possible builds meant you had a ridiculous amount of customisability and there was always a build you hadn't got round to creating yet. Diablo 3 is a basic make one of each class and go tank (stack resists/vit) or dps (primary stat and cc/cd).

I still believe Diablo 3 is a brilliantly made game, like, really good.... but with the way they are managing what they have at the moment makes it feel like Diablo 2-lite.

Agree with me, disagree. Insult or praise. That's my opinion and i really hope this game has a good future.

Last edited:
Soldato
Massive thanks to Flibby for the freebies - very kind of you matey. Have been stomping through Act 2 with relative ease now ( 58k hp / 900-1100 resists and 18k unbuffed dps) :) Makes a very very pleasant change from repeating Act I over and over again which is what I've been doing for the past month!

Associate
I too put two months into the game and stopped as soon as I realised that the AH was essential to progress through Inferno because of the lack of drops. With all the good stuff on the RMAH and inflated prices on the AH, the game is dead to me now.

Pretty much the same here. Got to the end of Act 3 Inferno and thought whats the point. think I'l sell my stuff and see what i can recoup (maybe the cost of the game :))

Associate
Can someone give me some tips about starting act 2 inferno as a wizard 35k dps, 40k hp with my barb friend, how should we be approaching elite packs? In act one we pretty much steam roll everything and in act 2 die about 12 times per elite using the same approach. Do we need to change our playstyle/skills? If so could someone give me a little overview of what we should be doing to clear the next few acts?

Soldato
Can someone give me some tips about starting act 2 inferno as a wizard 35k dps, 40k hp with my barb friend, how should we be approaching elite packs? In act one we pretty much steam roll everything and in act 2 die about 12 times per elite using the same approach. Do we need to change our playstyle/skills? If so could someone give me a little overview of what we should be doing to clear the next few acts?

Moving to Act 2 Inferno from Act 1 catches so many people out. They try to play it like they play Act 1 and it doesn't work. You have to re-adjust your play style immediately to compensate for the very different (arguably annoying) monsters: they all hit harder, move faster and have more health, they can jump you from distance, they can fly around erratically, stealthers that reappear in melee and hit very hard etc.

Your DPS is fine for starting out Act 2, your health and defences are probably not. Your skill setup might also need adjusting for the time being whilst your get more used to Act 2 and build your gear up higher. Will need to know your build and health / resists / armor before I could say anything else on where to go with those.

Also, some packs are just pure evil. I can pretty much faceroll the whole game on Inferno but some packs in Act 2 - 4 can still wipe me out if the affixes are bad enough on a certain monster. Serpents in Act 2 for instance, gold champion of those can still jump out of stealth and smack me for 17 - 20k with 620 all resist and 3.8k armour. Pair that with something like invulnerable minions or nightmarish and it suddenly becomes brutal.

TLDR: Need more health / resists :p

Soldato
Forgive my ignorance what's coming out in a month that you think everything will shift to?

You have guild wars 2 out next month, I know its an MMORPG but as its free to play, you need only buy the game (35-40 quid) and that's that.

Then there's also Torch Light 2 out this summer, made by the guys behind Diablo 1 and 2 (Blizzard North). Runic Entertainment were made up from Blizzard North staff when Activision Blizzard closed them down. Blizzard North were responsible for most of Blizzards top games, including Diablo 1 and 2.

Associate
You have guild wars 2 out next month, I know its an MMORPG but as its free to play, you need only buy the game (35-40 quid) and that's that.

Then there's also Torch Light 2 out this summer, made by the guys behind Diablo 1 and 2 (Blizzard North). Runic Entertainment were made up from Blizzard North staff when Activision Blizzard closed them down. Blizzard North were responsible for most of Blizzards top games, including Diablo 1 and 2.

I think the founders of Arenanet were from Blizzard North too right?

Activition Blizzard really did loose a lot of amazing people working for them, no wonder why Diablo 3 is in the state it is in now. :/

I'll probably pick up Torch Light 2 whenever it comes out.

As for Guild Wars 2 I've already prepurchased it and tried out the beta, it was amazing, definitely worth the one time purchase in my opinion. :D

Associate
Found a helm the other night i didnt think it was that great, put it on AH for 1k bid and thought i might get 10k if im lucky

Woke up yesterday morning and it had sold, and after AH cut i recieved 21.1million gold. Couldnt beleive it

Stats where
190 Intelect.
87 Vitality
16% magic find

and also a socket which i filled with a cheapo magic find gem!

Associate
Feels like the gold AH has died completely in the last 3 days or so. Cant seem to sell anything where previously similar items wouldve gone within an hour. First time I can remember for weeks having to actually wait for some auctions to time out in order to post more. Annoying!

Uvo

Uvo

Associate
Feels like the gold AH has died completely in the last 3 days or so. Cant seem to sell anything where previously similar items wouldve gone within an hour. First time I can remember for weeks having to actually wait for some auctions to time out in order to post more. Annoying!

it's been dead for the past 2 weeks for me. either that or everything i try and sell is just complete **** lol.
other than gems, I've sold two items.
Both of which went for a lot less that I would have expected :\

Associate

Oh right thanks. I tried torchlight 1 but didn't really get into it but will def give the sequel a go if it gets good reviews from the crowd here!

Associate
Found a helm the other night i didnt think it was that great, put it on AH for 1k bid and thought i might get 10k if im lucky

Woke up yesterday morning and it had sold, and after AH cut i recieved 21.1million gold. Couldnt beleive it

Stats where
190 Intelect.
87 Vitality
16% magic find

and also a socket which i filled with a cheapo magic find gem!

Nice, well done :) I have a helm with 188 intel, 80 vital and higher magic find than 16% might try the same thing :p was going to trash them all soon anyway!

Associate
Moving to Act 2 Inferno from Act 1 catches so many people out. They try to play it like they play Act 1 and it doesn't work. You have to re-adjust your play style immediately to compensate for the very different (arguably annoying) monsters: they all hit harder, move faster and have more health, they can jump you from distance, they can fly around erratically, stealthers that reappear in melee and hit very hard etc.

Your DPS is fine for starting out Act 2, your health and defences are probably not. Your skill setup might also need adjusting for the time being whilst your get more used to Act 2 and build your gear up higher. Will need to know your build and health / resists / armor before I could say anything else on where to go with those.

Also, some packs are just pure evil. I can pretty much faceroll the whole game on Inferno but some packs in Act 2 - 4 can still wipe me out if the affixes are bad enough on a certain monster. Serpents in Act 2 for instance, gold champion of those can still jump out of stealth and smack me for 17 - 20k with 620 all resist and 3.8k armour. Pair that with something like invulnerable minions or nightmarish and it suddenly becomes brutal.

TLDR: Need more health / resists :p

I just had a little go of act 2 and killed 2 elites without dying by kiting them using blizzard and seeker missile. Though I died 3 times in a cave with the bats jumping out all at once and 1 shotting me. Also died from that wall spitter. Literally cannot avoid dying from them.

My resists are 509 physical and 200 all resist. 40k hp 31k dmg.

Uvo

Uvo

Associate
I think the founders of Arenanet were from Blizzard North too right?

Activition Blizzard really did loose a lot of amazing people working for them, no wonder why Diablo 3 is in the state it is in now. :/

I'll probably pick up Torch Light 2 whenever it comes out.

As for Guild Wars 2 I've already prepurchased it and tried out the beta, it was amazing, definitely worth the one time purchase in my opinion. :D

yeah I think your right about Arenanet.

I'm sure i'll get TL2 when it comes out.
The first was good fun and hopefully the 2nd continues that trend and isn't as much as a grind as D3.

don't think I've got any interest in GW2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom