BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Cube Case

Associate
I have to go out tonight so cant do my build. I did put the Motherboard, SSD, PSU, and Ram in just to see what it looked like.

I have made a custom SSD mount that will hold 2 SSD's so I need to buy another, and i'm set.

gonna fit the CPU tomorrow. still not decided about a cooler yet tho.

A quick pic as it is at the moment . Anyone who's owned an Akasa Eclipse will recognise the obligatory Paxmate :)

Eventually will have red/whit/blue braided cables :)

IMG_0964.jpg
IMG_0965.jpg

will borrow a camera and get better pics once its finished

Last edited:
Associate
I have to go out tonight so cant do my build. I did put the Motherboard, SSD, PSU, and Ram in just to see what it looked like.

I have made a custom SSD mount that will hold 2 SSD's so I need to buy another, and i'm set.

A quick pic as it is at the moment . Anyone who's owned an Akasa Eclipse will recognise the obligatory Paxmate :)

IMG_0964.jpg
IMG_0965.jpg

loving the work, if your not going to WC your rig why remove the cages?

Associate
well, seeing as I couldn't decide what to do about my Motherboard being blue, and my GFX Card being red. I came up with a plan for my wiring.

Just waiting on my crimpers now then i can start work on my short wires

IMG_0960.jpg

2mm braid so I don't need to bother with the heatshrink.

IMG_0961.jpg

I'll see how it looks, and if I don't like it I have enough wire to just go Blue and White

So you dont need to heat shrink on 2mm braiding? Hmmm. Does that apply to 2.5mm does anyone know? Seems to be the smallest I can see without going international. What do you do, just singe the end and done?

Associate
loving the work, if your not going to WC your rig why remove the cages?

I don't see the point in having cages in there when I'm not having any HDD's I'm just going to have the one 128g SSD for my OS and important stuff, and get a 256G for onboard storage. All my other stuff (steam, music, films) will stay on my main rig as I have a few Tb on there.

If I can get the money I may put a red loop in there to go with my colour theme.

So you dont need to heat shrink on 2mm braiding? Hmmm. Does that apply to 2.5mm does anyone know? Seems to be the smallest I can see without going international. What do you do, just singe the end and done?
Not sure about the 2.5 as the 2mm is still a tight squeeze

Yes just singe the end lightly and crimp it with the wire.

Caporegime
OP
I'm having a nightmare. my crimpers arrived but where slightly twisted, still useable but annoying, so i'm getting a replacement set.

I think I'm just going to put it together with the corsair modular cables I have for the minute until I get all the wires done.

Just so I can post a pic really, as there aren't any white ones in this thread yet.

I'm also not going to bother with a GFX card for now.
And I'm going to go with a lower powered CPU
I was going to use it as my main rig. But now i'm just gonna keep it for web browsing and media, and keep my other rig for gaming.

I might get one of these too.

i would love to have a completely silent PC... Passive CPU cooler, passive graphics card coolers (perhaps not on a gtx480 though ay..? xD) and SSD's...

Soldato
Quick total noob of a question. MY pc is all built but I think I got the lights wrong :p

My power LED is only on when the pc is off so when I turn the pc on the power led is OFF unless its meant to do that?

I also think I got the hdd activity led the wrong way round as it doesnt do anything. When dealing with motherboard headers is white the negative or positive.?

Caporegime
OP

IMG_0964.jpg
IMG_0965.jpg

wow, i have a feeling that this is going to look amazing when it is 100% :D really really like the colour scheme you have chosen, even the Akasa sound damping sets it off. Love it!

Thought of modding a side window? In fact, has anyone thought of doing that? I guess you might want to add a flexible PCI-E extender and mount the graphics card elsewhere if you do that, or else you wont have much of a view into the case :p

Maybe put a window in both sides? :D

Caporegime
OP
Can these cases fit modern gpu's in them? I've only got a laptop at the mo but going to try and sort a few 2nd hand parts out for a new build. It's been a while, itching to get back into it.

yes they most certainly can! Any single or twin slot GPU will fit in just fine. If you have a ridiculously long card, you may have to take the upper HDD bays out, but most people should do that anyway as not many people have more that 3 drives and it will improve airflow and add the possibility of adding a 240 rad in the front.

Caporegime
OP
Nice, think this case will be nice to use, looks good too.

Thinking a 2nd hand i5 SB with a Asrock z77 mini will be just the ticket.

Yes, you must do that :p 4.7GHz with 1.35v and a cooler that only cost me £40 keeping it at under 65*C under load... Brilliant little CPU... Be sure to ask the original owner if its a good clocker!

Back
Top Bottom