What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Ice Age 4...in 3D, the 3D was fantastic and a really funny movie, best one since the first.

Scrat got more screen time in this as well, just waiting for a scrat movie now tbh :D

7.5/10

Soldato
Why am I calling you by your first names? I don't even know you. I still call my boss "Mister", and I've been working for him for seven years, but all of a sudden I walk in here and I'm calling you Rick and Sheila like we're in some kind of AA meeting... I don't want to be your buddy, Rick. I just want some breakfast. :D

Green Lantern - 6.5/10 - Not bad, had some good moments.

Don
Alien 9/10
Aliens 8.5/10
Alien³ 6.3/10

Had the blu rays for a while, but only got round to watching them again.

3 could have been so much better, wish they did away with the religious aspect of it. Also, funny to see Mr Rottweiler from Bottom in a film, I'd forgotten he was in it!

Sort of dreading watching #4, it's always worse than I care to remember

Associate
Went to see the Dark Knight Rises at the imax last night.

Really enjoyed the first and second ones but was left feeling a bit confused about the third instalment. Found it slightly annoying how much it jumped around from action piece to action piece. Seemed like it was trying to cram too much into one film (despite it being so long!).

The ending was brilliant though...

7/10.

Associate
Just got back from seeing The Dark Knight Rises at Waterloo IMAX.

8/10

Probably my favourite of the trilogy.

The Dark Knight was a good film with a great performance from Ledger which made it stand out more.

The Dark Knight Rises didn't have any stand-out performances but was a better film IMO.

Soldato
Mystic River. 5/10.

Reinforced my opinion that Sean Penn is a complete waste of space. He's style of acting is just so cringe worthy and OTT, and the worst thing is he and some poor misguided souls, actually believe it's decent acting.

Do.Not.Want.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mystic River. 5/10.

Reinforced my opinion that Sean Penn is a complete waste of space. He's style of acting is just so cringe worthy and OTT, and the worst thing is he and some poor misguided souls, actually believe it's decent acting.

Do.Not.Want.

I similarly thought Sean Penn really detracted the impact of that movie. Really don't like the guy's style.

To give some input to the thread, today I've watched:

The Paranormal Incident - Utter nonsense. Review on Dread Central Shortly. 1/10
The Raven - Entertaining, if historically arguable. Decent thriller. 6/10
Cell Count - Admirable indie effort, too dragged out and lagging. 4/10
Commando - How can you not just 9/10 this? One of Arnie's finest moments besides Total Recall.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Watched these over last few days..

A Serbian Film - Perverse, twisted and disturbing - Not for the faint of heart - 10/10 for shock value.

Cannibal Holocaust - Probably shocking when released, but I thought it rather tame - 6/10

Fast & Furious 5 - A watchable time killer. Wasn't expecting much, and it delivered accordingly. The bank vault bit was pretty terrible though - 6/10

Safe House - As above. A watchable time killer - 6/10

Platoon - Don't make them like this anymore - 8.5/10

The Avengers - Better then I thought it would be - 7/10

Last edited:
Associate
Guys,

Everyone who has seen "the raid" where have you got this from? Been looking a lot of places and it all seems that it is pre-order only?

Where has everyone been getting it? maybe import?

Thanks

Associate
Guys,

Everyone who has seen "the raid" where have you got this from? Been looking a lot of places and it all seems that it is pre-order only?

Where has everyone been getting it? maybe import?

Thanks

I, too, have noticed an influx of people seeing the film and am wondering the same thing.

I desperately want to see it. So gutted I couldn't make it to a cinema when it was out in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom