Daley abused on Twitter after diving failure.

Soldato
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/10363352

Associated Press said:
The Twitter insult against British diver Tom Daley has attracted the attention of police.

Daley's father died of brain cancer a year ago and the 18-year-old Olympian had hoped win a medal "for myself and my dad." But he finished finishing fourth, out of medal contention, in the 10-meter synchronized platform with teammate Pete Waterfield.

Afterward, Twitter user (at)Rileyy69 sent him this message: "You let your dad down i hope you know that."

Dorset Police tweeted tonight: "Regarding tweets to (at)tomdaley1994 - we are aware of the issue and we are actively looking into it."

In Britain, tweeting messages considered menacing, offensive or indecent can lead to prosecution.

What is this? Someone is being investigated by the police because of this? :confused:

The last line is particularly worrying... I have no idea whether it's true or not, but, 'In Britain, tweeting messages considered menacing, offensive or indecent can lead to prosecution.'

That's one dangerous piece of legislation to have on the books...

Soldato

What is this? Someone is being investigated by the police because of this? :confused:

The last line is particularly worrying... I have no idea whether it's true or not, but, 'In Britain, tweeting messages considered menacing, offensive or indecent can lead to prosecution.'

Comes under harassment, just because its on twitter the person should get away with it? I didn't think so either, the comment was way beyond the line.

Man of Honour

I think it was the fact he threatened to drown him, not what he said about his dad.

There's just no way his initial comment could warrant any form of legal action, however nasty it was.

Soldato
Sick and tired of the media labelling every stupid **** as a 'troll'. BloodNinja was a troll, and a funny one at that. The ones who the media are constantly banging on about, no doubt in order to show that they're somehow 'down wiv da kidz and 'wiv it'', these days are nothing but idiots with access to the internet. To be honest, they give real trolling a bad name by associating these cretins with it.

Soldato
Sick and tired of the media labelling every stupid **** as a 'troll'. BloodNinja was a troll, and a funny one at that. The ones who the media are constantly banging on about, no doubt in order to show that they're somehow 'down wiv da kidz and 'wiv it'', these days are nothing but idiots with access to the internet. To be honest, they give real trolling a bad name by associating these cretins with it.

It's their latest buzz word.

Zoe Smith the Team GB weight lifter also got called names online but not as bad as this.

Permabanned
I don't know who Daley is so I don't give a rats ass and that goes for any other so called "celebrity". The media feeds on people like you who love to dealve into people's lives.

Associate
His Twitter is hilarious, he goes on about how much of a nice person he is and how sorry he is and then continues to call Daley names.

Surely the Police have better things to do if they choose to investigate him, nobody is taking this guy seriously.

Permabanned
OK so the tweets are out of order, but getting arrested, talk about police state, he hasnt actually said anything threatening, police should make better use of time, I mean come on let down your dad, is hardly menacing or abusive

FTM

FTM

Soldato
OK so the tweets are out of order, but getting arrested, talk about police state, he hasnt actually said anything threatening, police should make better use of time, I mean come on let down your dad, is hardly menacing or abusive

he did threaten to kill him as well

people like this should be challenged..if not how will he ever learn to be a normal human being and realise that every action has consequences

Associate

In other tweets he did threaten him. Proper psycho. Deserves everything he gets.

Caporegime
Boyle doesn't push boundaries. All he's interested in is being as offensive as possible or as offensive as he thinks he can get away with, for cheap laughs that he can fob off as "pushing boundaries" or "only a bit of banter".

Oh, but he's so edgy! I mean, his book is called "Eat, consume, die"! Now that's some powerful stuff right there!

In other news... The Internet is part of real life. Shock news as real life laws enforced accordingly.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom