*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
You're* !!!!!!!

We were talking about HIIT, thought you were joining in saying you did that after a weights workout. Nothing wrong with a bit of cardio at the end though, it does loosen you up a little.

I've still got painful Tris's from before the weekend as I didn't stretch properly afterwards. On the plus side I'm finally upping deadlift to 100kg even though I haven't trained properly in months.

Apologies for the spelling.

I do hiit sometimes as well, at the end of the day, you do the sprints as hard as you can.

Associate
Been to the men's 69kg Olympic weightlifting this morning - incredible to see. The top qualifier in the group clean and pressed my deadlift max (185kg) - ridiculous!

Associate
Soldato
Apologies for the spelling.

I do hiit sometimes as well, at the end of the day, you do the sprints as hard as you can.

:D:D Your/you're is a pet hate of mine :D:D

Nothing wrong with doing them afterwards as hard as possible, but you won't get the benefit of a proper HIIT session when your suitably fed, fresh and raring to go.

Save HIIT for a session when you don't have much time or arn't in a mood to have a long session.

Soldato
Been to the men's 69kg Olympic weightlifting this morning - incredible to see. The top qualifier in the group clean and pressed my deadlift max (185kg) - ridiculous!

I was buzzing just watching the women lifting on TV earlier. Must have been awesome to see it live! :) Missed the mens :(

Soldato
For the moment, im happy to do my Full Body workout which im going to up rom 2x a week to 3 and see how I go.

However I was thinking about cardio and over training today. If Im lifting weights on Monday, Wed and Friday, when can I fit in cardio? How many off days do I need?

Wasthinking of doing 2 days of cardio (30 mins on the bike) say tue and Thu, but is this not overtraining?

Today for instance, felt to tired to go to the gym and do the cycling. Am I juts being lazy? Or avoiding overtraining?

Should I give it a few months just doing the weights to get in to the swing of things?

Soldato
It's far easier to overtrain from volume than intensity. So just make sure what you do counts, don't mess about with loads of needless exercise and too much cardio.... you should be ok.

I overdid my Triceps about 4 days ago and they still ache and won't let me bend my arm to touch my neck without hurting a lot.

Woops!!!

Associate
It's a bit of an ambiguous word really..

The more exercise you do, the more your body adjusts to it, I'd consider it very hard to ever over train, it'd be more a case of just being tired and lack of motivation if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom