o2 wireless box: how to block all ports on a device.

Associate
I have an annoying flatmate who plays videos on his smartphone outside my room.

I control the o2 internet connection and the wifi devices attached to it.

he's completely annoying and never listens, I have arugements and tell him to stop annoying me by playing stupid videos outside my room and he stops for 3-4 days but then he's back at it again. has the brain of a goldfish it seems.

So the only way to stop is to stop the wifi connection which unfortunately stops the connection for everyone else too.

I had a look at the o2 wireless box ii device settings and there'sm a checkbox for "allow on wlan" it's ticked but for some reason I cannot untick it.

So I was wondering, is it possible to block internet access on that device only by forwarding all ports on that device to something else.

Thanks.

Associate
Port blocking won't help - the vids will be on port 80 with all the other net traffic. Try looking at Mac address filtering to block specific devices.

Associate
OP
Won't it be easier to change the password? He won't be able to use the internet then.

now i dont want to deny him access, just want to deny him when he's playing videos outside my room. He has a brain of a goldfish, and I have to get into long arguments with him to get him to do anything. I'm tired of having to tell him each and every time "stop playing videos outside my room"

Associate
OP
no there's a sofa outside my room left by the landlord. i dunno why I have to tell him all the time to go to the lviing room and not disturb me when I'm trying to sleep or trying to get some work done.

Is there a good third party router that will give me full features?

Back
Top Bottom