Bought anything you didn't need, but now use a lot?

Soldato
I did, a while back I purchased a small 'S-Biner' I thought it was cool. I have only recently been using it, and to be fairly honest, it's quite useful, stick my USB on it and other random things, and then clip to my keys.

I also randomly bought a watch, just a cheap £50 fcuk watch, I have a fake SLR Mclaren watch that was 15 Euros whilst on holiday, both random and needless, yet I always wear the fcuk...

I bought a £100 Husky Mini Fridge, no use, just thought it was cool, and now, it feels I can't live without it in my 'office'.

Man of Honour
I bought an XBOX360 controller for Windows a couple of years ago but only took it out of the packaging last month, now I use it serveral times a week.
Would make an interesting side topic, the longest length of time people have had something still in packaging before actually using it (as opposed to just sitting unopened forever - I've got some flatpack furniture from 2008 still waiting to be built for example!)

Got a couple of old replica football shirts that I'm wearing more these days, used to feel a bit self-conscious wearing them but don't really care any more.

Micro HiFis, I randomly bought one with DAB radio for £40 on a whim while shopping for something else in a big high street chain as I was really impressed by the Speakers. This lives in the dining room. I then bought another (different) one because it had an ipod docking station, I can't really remember what I intended to do with it (sucker for a 'bargain' I think) but that has ended up in the kitchen so I can put some tunes on while cooking. Kinda annoying though because the speakers aren't as good as the other one.

Soldato
I bought an iPad, used it for about a week. It's now back in it's box under my bed. I'll never use the damn thing again. What a waste of £400, not having a job also makes me regret buying it even more.

Back
Top Bottom