*** The official HTC One X thread ***

Soldato
I've been getting a lot of lag on my phone recently. I'm beginning to think it might be related to airdroid because every time I transfer files using it my phone slows down so much that I need to do a factory reset.

Quite annoying.

Anyone else experience anything similar?

twe

twe

Associate
Is 3G supposed to be really slow? When my data connection switched to 3G it might as well have no connection because nothing loads until it switched back to H.

When I first got my phone I had no problems, tried different roms, different bases, seems like possibly a hardware problem now.

I get the same issue too, not sure if it is the Three firmware though with mine.... Hoping their next big update fixes it along with other things....

Caporegime
GF's One X turned up today, and it looks like its got a bit of a green tinge to it. Shows up on dark greys when compared to her old Desire.

Is there something wrong with it, or is it just differing screen technology?

Man of Honour
GF's One X turned up today, and it looks like its got a bit of a green tinge to it. Shows up on dark greys when compared to her old Desire.

Is there something wrong with it, or is it just differing screen technology?

That really depends on how bad it is, so it's hard to say.

Soldato
I wouldn't use the old desire to compare colours, most LCDs look very yellow, maybe with a bit of green, compared to OLEDs (Also the desire has no polariser layer to potentially add a tint)

Go into a shop and compare it to another One X.

Caporegime
Whats the screen in the Sensation? It looks green compared to my Sensation.

It's green enough that the first thing I said when I saw it was "that screen looks green". Looks a lot worse when viewing from the side though.

However I seriously doubt my GF is going to care enough to seek to change it, but I would be and I was thinking about getting a One X.

Man of Honour
The Sensation screen is naff in comparison, it's a standard qHD LCD panel I believe.

Some screens (older AMOLED) can look pink, at low brightness. LCD screens can look blue or yellow, and newer AMOLED ones tend to look blue if anything.

They can all vary a bit though, such is the manufacturing process. The whites on my Galaxy S 3 are exceptionally good.

I have a Sensation and a One X so can test if you like? Give me an image to open on them both, and brightness levels, etc.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Fed up of this phone. Sent it off to HTC because I'm getting emergency calls 25% of the time for no reason, got it back with the same issue. Will be swapping for a S3 end of September hopefully... such a ball ache!

Caporegime
There is an update out for the one S (quite a few in Europe and one person in the UK [according to XDA] have got the update), which has many fixes/improvements, one of them being "improving the signal", supposedly the signal issues it was having (similar to the X) have been fixed/improved now with that update.

I imagine that the X will also be receiving an update fairly soon as well, which might incorporate a similar signal fix :)

Soldato
Fed up of this phone. Sent it off to HTC because I'm getting emergency calls 25% of the time for no reason, got it back with the same issue. Will be swapping for a S3 end of September hopefully... such a ball ache!

I'm getting that, too. Can you replicate it? By that, I mean does it happen at the same place every time? Which carrier?

I suspect they're all like it, but depending on carrier and signal strength, people don't notice. It only happens to me when I'm in the car - phone is switching masts, I assume - or in the room of my house all phones struggle with.

Interestingly, if you flash a custom ROM, you get a different error. No more 'emergency calls,' but just 'No Signal' instead.

Caporegime
Looks like the sense camera will be getting a slight update I think (I imagine this will be part of sense 4.5 or whatever version it will be numbered along with jellybean possibly).

It could just be a mod by a developer though.......

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1808409

Only skimmed through the thread quickly, seems the only things that have changed/improved is the UI and a few new features possibly (only like 2 people have mentioned improved photo quality, quite a few have mentioned the front camera is much better now):

oke i found something what is changed in the camera

improve the point of UI settings - focus, shutter button and click camera.
More shortcuts camera button camera before and after the switch to facilitate

this is translated so dont blame me

one very good thing has happend
u can take pict wiht a swipe over the screen an take multiply pict that way

New camera UI! Not much has changed, just a few UI changes although I do think the image quality has increased, haven't tried video yet, and the front camera has improved a lot for me

Back
Top Bottom