Huawei Ascend G300

Associate
This is the link for the official B892 gingerbread firmware...

http://www.huaweidevice.com/uk/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDAxOTA%3D

Download,unzip,put the dload folder on the root of your sd card (or if you have problems updating,remove the sd card and place the dload folder on the phone memory itself) and power off/remove and replace battery/press and hold vol + and - and power on. Phone should unpack and update. Remember to save any pics/music off the phone as it`s a complete wipe.
This will mean you`ll have to re-root and install cmw tho,but as you have it on already you know how to anyway. :)

Soldato
This is the link for the official B892 gingerbread firmware...

http://www.huaweidevice.com/uk/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDAxOTA%3D

Download,unzip,put the dload folder on the root of your sd card (or if you have problems updating,remove the sd card and place the dload folder on the phone memory itself) and power off/remove and replace battery/press and hold vol + and - and power on. Phone should unpack and update. Remember to save any pics/music off the phone as it`s a complete wipe.
This will mean you`ll have to re-root and install cmw tho,but as you have it on already you know how to anyway. :)

Thanks! That's got it working!

Soldato
new issue, finally got around to adding music. It appears to have arranged the tracks in each album alphabetically instead of track listing. Is this when I have to go into file properties to change them or is it a phone issue?

Soldato
I've got an other issue. Loudspeaker is still not loud, at all!
It's slightly loudly than in call volume, which itself is a bit off at times. It has a bit of an echo that robotises your voice.

Is this faulty speaker? ROM upgrade not working?

Soldato
I've got an other issue. Loudspeaker is still not loud, at all!
It's slightly loudly than in call volume, which itself is a bit off at times. It has a bit of an echo that robotises your voice.

Is this faulty speaker? ROM upgrade not working?

The loud speaker on my Dads is really quiet aswell.

Anyone know why?

Soldato
My mother has this phone. Stock Vodafone gb. It is very laggy at times and the capacitve buttons at the bottom, you have to tap above them to work. Is this normal . Thanks

Associate
Ordered one of these from Tesco yesterday for £89.99, delivered today. Haven't had much time to play with it yet, as I'm still waiting on an unlock code. Updated to ICS, & taking a look at some custom roms, however.

First impressions are very good though, but will take some time to assess it properly! :)

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a Custom ROM, as well as a protective case & screen protector?

Thanks! :)

Soldato
what is this phone like regarding build quality, performance and does it handle ISC well?

any ideas as well if it is officially supported by cyanogemod mod or plans to be

Back
Top Bottom