*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Mat

Mat

Soldato
.exe in the new launcher does nothing for me (work computer) and are there any plans for a fix for those of us that use Macs (home computer)?

Man of Honour
OP
.exe in the new launcher does nothing for me (work computer) and are there any plans for a fix for those of us that use Macs (home computer)?

Yeah, as soon as I get a second I'll look into a mac version. I'm sure that there must be an mcportable equivalent for Mac. If not, TrIn suggested an alternative way to do things which would probably work for Mac.

/re your work Pc, are you sure it's not being blocked in some way by virus checking software/etc?

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Yeah, as soon as I get a second I'll look into a mac version. I'm sure that there must be an mcportable equivalent for Mac. If not, TrIn suggested an alternative way to do things which would probably work for Mac.

Ok, cool. Do you have a link to TrIn's thoughts at all?

/re your work Pc, are you sure it's not being blocked in some way by virus checking software/etc?

Pretty sure, I've even tried a specified exception for the file. Nothing in the event viewer either, which is odd... the process just appears in the task manager before disappearing again... :/

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I have got this in the mcp_log.log:

Minecraft Portable 2.7
by NotTarts
Started at 2012-08-06 14:37:40.091000
Data directory: C:\Users\[super secret username]\Desktop\LinkTart_Launcher\mcp_data
Searching for login information...
- No login information found
Launching Minecraft...
- Searching for Java binaries...
Error: Could not find Java binaries.

All I've done is extract the contents of the zip into the default folder and tried running the .exe. I presume it should be looking elsewhere for anything?

I'm not too worried about it not working here on the work PC but it would be nice to be able to get on at home on my iMac... :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I have got this in the mcp_log.log:

Minecraft Portable 2.7
by NotTarts
Started at 2012-08-06 14:37:40.091000
Data directory: C:\Users\[super secret username]\Desktop\LinkTart_Launcher\mcp_data
Searching for login information...
- No login information found
Launching Minecraft...
- Searching for Java binaries...
Error: Could not find Java binaries.

All I've done is extract the contents of the zip into the default folder and tried running the .exe. I presume it should be looking elsewhere for anything?

I'm not too worried about it not working here on the work PC but it would be nice to be able to get on at home on my iMac... :)

Sounds like you don't have Java installed/updated or don't have JAVA in your path.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
It's all there and I'm running the recommended update but adding the \java\ and \bin\ locations to the path makes no difference. Nothing has ever complained about it before :confused:

Dont worry too much about it. :)

Associate
Regarding Mac/Linux clients, the easiest way to get the client to run is to replace the .minecraft folder within "APPDATA" (or the Mac/Linux equivalent), with the .minecraft folder from the LinkTart launcher (note, backup the .minecraft folder if you still play Vanilla MC).

Then it can be executed using the Mac/Linux version of the standalone Minecraft launcher. If this doesn't work I'll try and find a solution :)

Associate
I just checked the new launcher. With regards to my texture pack I already had 99% of the textures done for the mods before I quit so I shall post a compatibility update on linktart later today for you.

Only take me 5mins to sort files out just takes about 2 hour to upload them at my speed :(.

Also not going to post a change log as lot textures have been revised since I last updated the OCUK edition of my pack. In total over 50 changes including the new ores Bios was happy about :).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I just checked the new launcher. With regards to my texture pack I already had 99% of the textures done for the mods before I quit so I shall post a compatibility update on linktart later today for you.

Only take me 5mins to sort files out just takes about 2 hour to upload them at my speed :(.

Also not going to post a change log as lot textures have been revised since I last updated the OCUK edition of my pack. In total over 50 changes including the new ores Bios was happy about :).

How big is your texture pack? We could include it in the launcher perhaps, though not sure how often we could update it.

Associate
How big is your texture pack? We could include it in the launcher perhaps, though not sure how often we could update it.

100mb yer best bet tbh is not worth adding it to the launcher. A lot people don't like texture packs and everyone has own tastes. This update I am doing is likely the last one due to me not continuing my packs anymore. The only reason I am doing this update is because tekkit used a lot of out of date mods and I always used the latest mods for creating my packs so I had the textures ready.

Associate
I am trying to update the link on the linktart docs page not letting me saying that it is currently being edited?

Error reads
This doc is currently being edited by Lee. To prevent overwrites, you cannot edit until that user has finished. Please try again in a few minutes.

Edit: I deleted the doc and created new one the updated OCUK edition of the pack now posted enjoy :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Soldato
MC portable for Mac: http://tarts.cc/files/MinecraftPortable-Mac

tarts.cc is not affiliated with me in any way btw :p

Should be possible to use the launcher from that and the rest of the files from the LinkTart Launcher but I don't have a Mac to test this theory on.

I'll give it a try now!

Live map should now be working. It was generating previously but there was an error in the config on the web side :)

Map isn't working here for me. Just a black screen :( Anyone else?

Soldato
Just tried the MC Portable app and it isn't working. I installed it, then just replaced the mcp_data files with the files in the Linktart launcher.

Getting this:

20120806-x6w3pbxnrq1ju7chc719writ3g.jpg

Soldato
So I finally get some free time to go on the server, get all this new launcher and mods and whatnot. This is what I find

TVIqvl.jpg
tTLvDl.png.jpg

Lost not only the walls and ceiling of my house, but about 7 dim chests, 3 full of UU matter. 12 MFSUs, 4 HV solars, few machines, my snow generator below, my geothermal generators below that, etc, etc. Basically everything inside that 16x16 area, top to bedrock.

The only thing I can think is that about 30blocks below my house I had a tunnel borer sat on some track more or less in the centre of that chunk. They are entities like a cart or boat, maybe that has some how caused the corruption?

2 minutes later walked here

K6ayGl.jpg
58bVJl.jpg

everything is covered in long grass, so much so it's eaten parts of that wooden fence?

W. T. F.

Back
Top Bottom