*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Associate
I can't get any Mac version to work so that's buggered it all up for us.

Does anyone have a solution? Quite annoying.

I am trying to find out what the diffrence is for a mac system
wow it is very diffrent.

I wont be back at my main system untill wensday. I have a hackintosh
so i can try building a mac verson. I have not really used the mac system
so i dont know how well i might be able to do it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

That's pretty screwed :S

Sadly I'm not massively surprised to hear that there has been corruption given all the issues we've had recently and the problems today. I can't do anything right now but I could try to pop in game much later tonight to spawn/repair stuff for you (unless another admin gets a chance beforehand)

Soldato
I am trying to find out what the diffrence is for a mac system
wow it is very diffrent.

I wont be back at my main system untill wensday. I have a hackintosh
so i can try building a mac verson. I have not really used the mac system
so i dont know how well i might be able to do it.

I have a PC somewhere so will use that until there is a Mac version.

Just glad that there is no more blinking Tekkit. :)

Man of Honour
OP
We didn't plan to push it to the live server so soon but due to an unfortunate issue earlier today we didn't have much choice sadly. It'd have either been that or a day or two of downtime, which I'm sure would've been equally frustrating.

Soldato
We didn't plan to push it to the live server so soon but due to an unfortunate issue earlier today we didn't have much choice sadly. It'd have either been that or a day or two of downtime, which I'm sure would've been equally frustrating.

It's cool :) I understand how difficult it must be to keep the server happy, as well as everyone else :p Keep up the good work FT (And Yrth of course ;)).

I still only care about one thing... old world portal. :p

Soldato
Can we get a link to the updated client and all other links removed? That's at least two versions on this thread and there's another newer one on the LT thread on the LT site, getting confusing tbh and we've only just moved to it. Suggest keeping the info on the LT site and just pointing people there.

Associate
Regarding Mac/Linux clients, the easiest way to get the client to run is to replace the .minecraft folder within "APPDATA" (or the Mac/Linux equivalent), with the .minecraft folder from the LinkTart launcher (note, backup the .minecraft folder if you still play Vanilla MC).

Then it can be executed using the Mac/Linux version of the standalone Minecraft launcher. If this doesn't work I'll try and find a solution :)

Just tried the MC Portable app and it isn't working. I installed it, then just replaced the mcp_data files with the files in the Linktart launcher.

Tried this? The minecraft folder should be located at "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft" according to the wiki.

Man of Honour
OP
I've just looked at dynmap again - had to upgrade it during the change over and the config file format changed quite a bit. It should hopefully begin to work again next server restart.

@Tokenbrit: We looked at CT3 but I think the newer versions still have some fairly bad SMP bugs at the moment so I believe we're holding off for now. It's not off the cards once a new release comes out though.

Man of Honour
OP
Possible Temporary Mac Workaround

This worked for me during testing so I believe it may work for now too.

First off, download Tekkit and set it to the most up to date version..log in and all that so it downloads everything.

Then go to the Tekkit mods folder where you normally would put the extra_mods.zip contents and delete everything.

Now download the LinkTart launcher and extract it. Copy the contents of the mod folder within there to the Tekkit mod folder.

I *think* this worked for me (on PC admittedly) when I was testing yesterday...so..give it a go :)

Man of Honour
OP
I should add that it worked for me during testing on the PC so..YMMV. In theory it should be no different for Mac for this though as Technic/Tekkit is doing most of the hard work for you.

Anyhow, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom