Asus V Formula, GA-Z77-UD5H, or Asus z77 Sabertooth

Associate
Just wondered what people thought wich was the best board to get out of; Asus Maximus V Formula, Gigabyte Z77-UD5H or Asus z77 Sabertooth?

Now I know that the Formula is at a higher price point, but is it worth the extra money?

What is the best for Overclocking, general performance and features?

Soldato
It would take something really really special to make me no longer buy a Gigabyte board over another make. Not only do I generally like their boards but, and here is the clincher, their UK based support service is excellent if you should ever need it.

I have just used that support as they repaired motherboard FOC, I had damaged the socket. They returned the repaired board to my via TNT couriers within the week of sending it to them fully repaired and no charge was made.

Prior to using their support service I had read of similar praise for them, and in my case it certainly worked out that way.

Last edited:
Soldato
It would take something really really special to make me no longer buy a Gigabyte board over another make. Not only do I generally like their boards but, and here is the clincher, their UK based support service is excellent if you should ever need it.

I have just used that support as they repaired motherboard FOC, I had damaged the socket. They returned the repaired board to my via TNT couriers within the week of sending it to them fully repaired and no charge was made.

Prior to using their support service I had read of similar praise for them, and in my case it certainly worked out that way.

Can't argue with that.Glad they sorted it out so reasonably. Good to know.

Mark

OcUK Staff
The Formula is a class act. It clocks RAM like no other, apart from the Extreme. Its very compatible in terms of RAM too.

I have about 8 world records using GTX460 and 470 on that board. For me its the best in its class.

Back
Top Bottom