My little project - Ikea style

Soldato
Is it possible to run multiple motherboards off a single PSU? With no GPUs the power consumption would be quite low so a decent PSU could easily provide enough power for six systems.

Soldato
Yes wattage is wattage. Its just the physical wiring up thats the tricky part, personally i would open the psu and run thicker wire then splice off that to multiple 24 pin plugs. Main thing to check is the 3.3v line can handle it, but you could always drop down a 5v or 12v line if need be to make up the wattage.

Associate
OP
Is it possible to run multiple motherboards off a single PSU? With no GPUs the power consumption would be quite low so a decent PSU could easily provide enough power for six systems.

Yes i've looked into it quite a lot, you can buy 24 pin splitters off ebay a la:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-EPS-24-PIN-ATX-24-PIN-Y-SPLITTER-POWER-CABLE-10-MADE-USA-/251052154981

However postage is extortionate, I have a friend who can make them but he's just had a motorcycle accident and has his arm/hand in plaster. I worked out roughly that you could do it with 1000w

Thanks
B

Soldato
If your not fussed about looks, remove the socket and solder straight to the pins and finish with heatshrink, barely any cost then.

Back
Top Bottom