Muse - The 2nd Law: Unsustainable (Dubstep) Your thoughts?

Soldato
I really like this... Looking forward to their new album.

Typical comments surfacing - when Muse released their last album, 'core' fans were questioning them. For me, I see their music evolving and it just gets better! As I grow older, I move away from many bands that just stayed the same. Muse is one of the few I still enjoy.

Associate
just bought the box set.... i shouldn't of, but couldn't help it. The gf bought me the limited edition of the last one so thought it rude not to!

Really looking forward to it - evolution is definately the key here. Although Showbiz and Origins will always be fanatastic, everything else has been so different and varied that I don't need another favourite band! (lol, I over exaggerate but you get the gist. Listening to machine head as I write this XD )

Soldato
What do the Laws of Thermodynamics have to do with it?

2nd law states entropy always increases in a closed system. Everything tends to chaos and disorder. Universe dies heat death.

Obviously (sarcasm) this is analogical to the current crisis facing our global finite energy sources. And that involves heat and energy too. And probably human chaos and disorder.

Marrying these up and showing science-y graphics combined with images of oil rigs makes it look like Muse are being profound when in fact they're being boring. Throw in some bad dubstep noises probably made on guitar. At least do it properly and stop trying to be ironic by mocking musical trends. Pretention beyond belief.

Hey I enjoyed the orchestral intro though.

Last edited:
Soldato
To me it seems you cannot be a true Muse fan unless you hate everything they release since Showbiz.

"Oh they are so mainstream and commercial now it suxxors!" When I personally think that they have gotten weirder and more of an acquired taste over the years, which is pretty much the opposite of mainstream and commercial.

I am a Muse fan, however I wasnt exactly blown away by Resistance and im not sold on the song in the OP yet. Will be buying the album for sure though.

Soldato
If that's honestly the first track from the album, then... hmmph. What?

A bit of random noise and dub step-lite with Bellamy "Whoooaaaa--hooo---wwhoooaaaaaaaaa"-ing over it for a brief moment? WHAT?

I don't see that as evolution. That's just ******* lazy.

Soldato
It doesn't even seem like a fully formed song to me. It's 3 seperate elements. Robot. Reporter. Muse.

I'm all for challenging music, but this is literally crap.

Soldato
I'm not a massive Muse fan but I own the albums and have been to see them a few times. I just listen to the stuff I like, and it happens to be mainly pre BHaR stuff. It's their band, they can do what they want, but it does disappoint me when a new album arrives and it's not to my tastes. Ho hum.

Back
Top Bottom