• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Quietest GTX 670 or comparable

Soldato
As title I'm wondering what versions of the GTX 670 are the quietest, or are there any other cards that are equal or a bit less power but quieter, because I hate noise.

If your looking for near silence that I would go for the Asus GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II, it's not the fasted and it's a bit pricey but I went for it because I am fussy about noise, idle the card is inaudible, right now MSI after burner is telling me it's running at 10rpm lol, on load I've never heard it over my case fans which are all 120mm's set on low rpm, like I said, it's not the fasted card by any means but it's well built and practically silent.

Last edited:
Associate
The windforce cooler is fine at idle. 45% and it's the loudest thing in my pc but you can live with it, 60% and it's obnoxious. If you plan on overclocking, have high ambient temps, poor airflow in your case, the fans will spin up.

The KFA2 cooler is extremely quiet even under load, but it gets hot. The reference style coolers from EVGA are just noisemakers, have a look on the EVGA forums and reviews. I've not had any experience with the DC2 but I heard good things.

They are all pretty quiet till they aren't. Don't take people's opinions as truth, do the research and if worst comes to worst DSR it and eat the £9.75 postage costs.

Caporegime
The windforce is pretty quiet below 60% fan speed, though tbh on mine with a pretty hefty oc and auto fan, it never gets hot enough to generate higher fan speeds. This is in a case with pretty bad airflow/cooling, (bitfenix shinobi xl).

Soldato
The windforce cooler is fine at idle. 45% and it's the loudest thing in my pc but you can live with it, 60% and it's obnoxious. If you plan on overclocking, have high ambient temps, poor airflow in your case, the fans will spin up.

The KFA2 cooler is extremely quiet even under load, but it gets hot. The reference style coolers from EVGA are just noisemakers, have a look on the EVGA forums and reviews. I've not had any experience with the DC2 but I heard good things.

They are all pretty quiet till they aren't. Don't take people's opinions as truth, do the research and if worst comes to worst DSR it and eat the £9.75 postage costs.

From what I've read, the 670 FTW, uses a 680 PCB + 680 cooler. And from the reviews it's very quiet.

Back
Top Bottom