Main holds 19 year dying dog in lake every night who saved him when he was a puppy

Permabanned
Why exactly do you feel sorry for me?

Because you have, what I can only describe as, a Neanderthal view on displaying emotion. Crying is part of being a well-rounded human being with developed emotional sensibilities. If anything, the inability to cry at genuinely heart-rending moments is a display of emotional immaturity more than anything else.

Caporegime
OP
Was on reddit about a week ago, old news.

Sorry. :(

sorry I don't read reddit so I missed it.seems lots of people on ocuk missed it too. In future before I start a thread I will make sure it hasn't been posted anywhere on the internet first though.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
Bit of an observation - I'm not having a go at anyone, but, I've noticed when a emotional story has been posted; the start is very compassionate then as the pages come and go the thread turns into, It's "only a thing" or "so what?!", seems to happen roughly after the third page.

I cried when my dog died, luckly she didn't need to be put to sleep, and past slowely past away without pain. I was with her when she entered the world and I was with her when the exit came.

Last edited:
Soldato
He didnt commit suicide (over his fiancee leaving him of all things ****ing loon) because his dog looked at him?

The guy should grow up, seek some help for his quite evident mental health issues and put that poor dog out of its pain.

Caporegime
OP
He didnt commit suicide (over his fiancee leaving him of all things ****ing loon) because his dog looked at him?

The guy should grow up, seek some help for his quite evident mental health issues and put that poor dog out of its pain.

Really? You have never been in that situation clearly where you feel you have lost everything and life isn't worth living? I can well see the fact that he rescued this dog and hence it was his responsibility to look after him,stopped him from topping himself.

Associate

Congrats! I've seen some cretinous posts in my time here but that's going to take some beating.

Soldato
Really? You have never been in that situation clearly where you feel you have lost everything and life isn't worth living? I can well see the fact that he rescued this dog and hence it was his responsibility to look after him,stopped him from topping himself.

Some people are not capable of thinking about what they do in life could affect other people and that they do have responsibilities.

Also, why is everyone saying put the dog down? I have arthritis and severe haemophilia, on a bad day I can't get out of bed and no amount of painkillers helps. I would not however want to be put down, especially not with the family I have and the thought of having to leave them to cope with my selfishness.

Some people need to learn that their pets lives are not theirs to end. Something like arthritis is not a good reason to put a dog down, at a point like that you need to sort yourself out and look after the dog a bit more, spend some money on treatment and accept the fact that you took on the dog and agreed to look after it till it does eventually die. Not just throw it away the moment it becomes an inconvenience.

Soldato
Some people are not capable of thinking about what they do in life could affect other people and that they do have responsibilities.

Also, why is everyone saying put the dog down? I have arthritis and severe haemophilia, on a bad day I can't get out of bed and no amount of painkillers helps. I would not however want to be put down, especially not with the family I have and the thought of having to leave them to cope with my selfishness.

Some people need to learn that their pets lives are not theirs to end. Something like arthritis is not a good reason to put a dog down, at a point like that you need to sort yourself out and look after the dog a bit more, spend some money on treatment and accept the fact that you took on the dog and agreed to look after it till it does eventually die. Not just throw it away the moment it becomes an inconvenience.

So you would rather have animals suffer in pain and torment and perhaps live a tortured existence for a short while longer, than to end it's suffering? It has nothing to do with inconvenience, it is about what is best for the animal.

Soldato
So you would rather have animals suffer in pain and torment and perhaps live a tortured existence for a short while longer, than to end it's suffering? It has nothing to do with inconvenience, it is about what is best for the animal.

Arthritis is not that painful, and an animals pain threshold is much higher than that of a human. I'm saying that just because it has Arthritis it is not a reason to put the dog down. Specially not if there is something that can be done about it. I've walked my Shepard before and it ended up cutting all of it's paw open on the beach and started crying when I went to carry him home because he just wanted to play with his ball/in the sea. Dogs are extremely resilient animals and would probably be very happy being given some form of painkillers if it allowed them to stay alive with their family for longer.

Back
Top Bottom