"If we had to slaughter our own meat, we'd all be vegetarian"

Associate
OP
I think it's getting less at whether or not you would go out and hunt/kill if it was a matter of survival, but if it was you in the abattoir slaughtering the cows/pigs etc, just so you could eat it.

Oh and I'm soft because I don't think I could kill an innocent animal that has just as much right to remain alive as I do? Just so I could enjoy the taste of its meat that really isn't necessary for my survival or nowadays even a healthy diet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely just a quick look at history can tell us how wrong the thread title is...

If everyone had to grow their own vegetables, we'd all have four meals of meat a day ;)

Last edited:
Associate
A few people who came down from London were looking around a vegetable garden and saw some runner beans. One of them said "I thought they came from Sainsburys"

What has this world turned to that a fully grown up woman doesn't know that, most of those born and bread in cities would be stuffed in a situation you so mentioned.

Oh and I'm soft because I don't think I could kill an innocent animal that has just as much right to remain alive as I do? Just so I could enjoy the taste of its meat that really isn't necessary for my survival or nowadays even a healthy diet.

You need to grow a pair :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a born and bred townie, and very grateful that my lovely meat comes ready killed, butchered and packaged.

However, if my only way of obtaining meat/fish/poultry was to kill it myself, I'm pretty sure I could do that.

Soldato
I think it's getting less at whether or not you would kill if it was a matter of survival, but if it was you in the abattoir slaughtering the cows/pigs etc, just so you could eat it.

Shame no animal with the ability to kill you would think to itself "Hey, I won't eat that guy, because well, he's all innocent and he has as much right to remain alive as I do".

Better rummage through your purse and hand in your man card.

Capodecina
Soldato
Chris [BEANS];22542851 said:
I'm a born and bred townie, and very grateful that my lovely meat comes ready killed, butchered and packaged.

However, if my only way of obtaining meat/fish/poultry was to kill it myself, I'm pretty sure I could do that.

But you know, if all you had to do was kill sausages, it would be a hell of a lot more convenient.

Soldato
Chris [BEANS];22542851 said:

Same here. The food chain exists for a reason.

Permabanned
I can't understand people who say they could never bring themselves to kill an "innocent" (whatever the **** that's supposed to mean) animal when they continue to blindly buy whatever meat they want to from any supermarket after all the husbandry, slaughtering and butchering has been done for them. Either put up or shut up. If it bothers you, stop eating meat.

Associate
Imagine you were in an African savanna and a hungry lion saw you walking about, It wouldn't stop and think. "oh look at that little man walking around, hes so innocent"

No, it would come and ****ing rip your head off...

Associate
OP
Shame no animal with the ability to kill you would think to itself "Hey, I won't eat that guy, because well, he's all innocent and he has as much right to remain alive as I do".

Shame that no other animal apart from a human has the ability to think rationally about the ethics and morality of what it is actually doing.

The difference is, we don't kill animals instinctively.

Caporegime

Yes, yes you are.

I like bacon butties, sometimes even a big fry up when hungover - in order for me to cure my hangover some pig somewhere must die - for me personally, as a meat eater, it is a price worth paying - a worthy sacrifice of that pig to provide me with a tasty breakfast.

And no I don't feel guilty about it tbh... if I fell unconscious into an enclosure containing pigs they wouldn't hesitate to scoff me for breakfast either:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/84839/Pigs-eat-farm-wife-alive.html

Soldato
Shame that no other animal apart from a human has the ability to actually think rationally about the ethics and morality of what it is actually doing.

The difference is, we don't kill animals instinctively.

If a savage animal attacked any of my loved ones I would instinctively end it's life.

Back
Top Bottom