Is my nVidia card borked

Associate
The problem is the reset of different drivers after error message
"The display driver has stopped responding & has been reset"
This happens while running FAH & Seti cuda units. When starting a new WU, not always, with FAH or resuming SETI.
I have tried 2 different drivers, clean install, & problem reoccurs.
If I drop the o/c or even run @ default problem can occur.
Sometimes a reboot or 2 solves the problem or stopping FAH & then running SETI [sometimes have to restart BOINC].
In recent days have had screen lock up which have either required a reset or Windows has restarted itself. This happens even if I have my monitor connected to the iGPU of my i53750K.

Other times it can run for days without a problem:confused:

I d/l Furmark 1.6 & that ran ok but then found a new version 1.10. Just tried to run it @ default & the display driver crashed the program.

This is a RMA replacement 560Ti card [came in a plain box no accesories]
Previously I tried different PCI-e power connectors without any effect.

I have turned off the sidebar gadget & changed power plan to high performace

Short of trying a different PCI-e slot on the new mobo what else can I try? Or should I just request an RMA?

Thanks for any help/advice

Associate
OP
I think it probably is the GPU but it might be worth trying a different PSU just to rule that out as as a possibility.

Thanks Snapshot.
I either buy the Antec psu tester or my brother needs a new psu for Oct & could get it early for him.

I upped volts on default from 1.0 to 1.025 & it ran seti ok all night after a driver reset when starting Seti. Been running 3hrs @ 930 core 2150 mem @ 1.25v.:confused:
Previously set volts to 1.05 that didn't make a difference.
Could it be that the memory can't manage 2200MHz?

Associate
Check the temps I guess, also drop down to standard stock speed- i use the speeds found in wiki.
I do get these sometimes when I am running a game alongside setiathome.
However, normally they sort themselves out and doesn't require a restart for mine.

Associate
OP
Thanks Grimgoth
Temps are ok never goes over 70C currently 65. Have MSI Twin Frozr + Afterburner to run fans @ %= Temp.
After running Seti most of yesterday & all night, switched to FAH & driver crashed. Rebooted crashed again, switched to Seti crashed again depsite using defaults. Waited about 1 1/2hrs & Seti started ok. FAH crashed after another reboot. Had to delete WU. Ran ok @ default & switched to 930MHz core 2150MHz memory. Will see how it does when the curent WU finishes in 15 mins.

It's this inconsistent appearance of this fault that is most perplexing.
Stopped Afterburner & that makes no difference as crashed whil GPU-z running @ default.
This is like the bad days of Vista when this first appeared. However that was solved.

Back
Top Bottom