• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ati Radeon 4850 Red lights - D1601 and D1260

Associate
Hi,

My graphics card randomly stopped working but I noticed that two red lights appear.

D1601 appears as soon as I turn the pc on and then goes away after blinking twice

d1260 remains on whilst the pc is on.

EDIT: Just plugged in what I think is the power connector to the graphics card and the D1601 light has come off and fan is spinning again.

Other light still flashes then turns off

But now I have the issue that the computer does not boot past the windows loading screen, which is what I had before. Secondly, the screen where you can press a button to enter the BIOS has green dots going down vertically across. And the bios page is partially in a different language

My power supply is: Corsair HX 450W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant. It's been able to support everything for 3 years, is this the problem?

What do I do? :\

Last edited:
Caporegime
D1601 is over temp protection enabled so likely related to the fan not spinning.

Maybe it's broken, needs cleaning out or related to the issue below.

Are you sure the other one isn't D1602?

That's a 12V fault so I'd be checking your PSU/power connector.

Associate
OP
D1601 is over temp protection enabled so likely related to the fan not spinning.

Maybe it's broken, needs cleaning out or related to the issue below.

Are you sure the other one isn't D1602?

That's a 12V fault so I'd be checking your PSU/power connector.

Hi thanks for your reply.

The other one is definitely D1260. SO how exactly should I clean the card?

Just plugged in what I think is the power connector to the graphics card and the D1601 light has come off and fan is spinning again.

Other light still flashes then turns off

But now I have the issue that the computer does not boot past the windows loading screen, which is what I had before. Secondly, the screen where you can press a button to enter the BIOS has green dots going down vertically across. And the bios page is partially in a different language

My power supply is: Corsair HX 450W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant. It's been able to support everything for 3 years, is this the problem?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You said the fan is spinning again, suggesting it wasn't spinning before :confused:

Yeah, at first the computer wouldn't boot. Took it to my dad's friend, he said something was wrong with the graphics card.

Thanks to a poster above I plugged the graphics card into the pwer supply and now the fan spins (lol :/) But I still have the same problem as before where the pc doesn't get past the windows logo. The screen just goes black.

If the card is unplugged, everything works fine.

Soldato
The fan stays at a constant fast spped.

Know anywhere where I can pick one up for cheap? Everywhere I look it's £100+

When my 4890 did this, it was because the cpu wasn't seated correctly, and 2 lights were on also but cant recall what ones.

You tried it with onboard/another gpu to check?

Back
Top Bottom