Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Honeycomb Tablet

Associate
Went back from jb to stock ics to give it a go, very impressed and it's nice being able to use Skype again.
The wait was long but very worth it.

I've seen my next upgrade, the note 10.1, I love the design and the front facing speakers are what I've been waiting for.

Is anyone using chrome and SwiftKey 3? I get a weird bug where the delete button enters what I just typed instead of deleting text, Seems to resolve itself by changing screen rotation.

Man of Honour

thanks she has the wifi

TBH I have never looked into the Samsung at all and just left her to it. It is not prompting to update and through Kies it is saying it is up to date. If I download from above am I effectively flashing a new rom as if it were a custom one? If so what software do I need? Thanks

Man of Honour
OP
thanks she has the wifi

TBH I have never looked into the Samsung at all and just left her to it. It is not prompting to update and through Kies it is saying it is up to date. If I download from above am I effectively flashing a new rom as if it were a custom one? If so what software do I need? Thanks

It's just like flashing a custom rom and you will lose your data. You'll need ODIN for flashing. A guide is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1808701

Associate
Finally ive updated my sgt 10.1 from 3.2 to 4.0.4 by using samsung update without using custom like using odin flash update, i just pressed software update and it came up and then download about 254.1mb took 15 mins to complete...look nicely.

Soldato
My 8.9 got the update today. OTA failed (I think due to it being rooted) but worked fine through Kies. Must say, it's totally transformed the Tab for me, I enjoy using it again as it's so much quicker and more responsive. Far, far less slowdown than on 3.2, and web browsing is monumentally quicker; complex pages like Facebook load very quickly in both the default browser and Chrome).

Little bit annoyed with the massive amount of Samsung bloat that has appeared on it again, but it doesn't appear to be impacting performance too much. Still, I think I'll be tempted soon to factory reset it, root it again and get rid of them.

Soldato
Fingers crossed for you, it's just a shame the Tab wasn't this good when it launched in the first place. I'm still quite stunned at how much better performance is.

Back
Top Bottom