Assange to go!

Associate
He should now martyr himself and walk out and take whatever happens.

Even "if" he makes it out of the UK (most unlikely), some "accident" will befall him eventually. Better off just walking out and be done with it.

Soldato
He should now martyr himself and walk out and take whatever happens.

Even "if" he makes it out of the UK (most unlikely), some "accident" will befall him eventually. Better off just walking out and be done with it.

Assange is too much of a coward for that to happen. Any believer in the cause would relish the opportunity of a criminal trial to stand in the soapbox and declare his manifesto to the world, especially if, as Assange maintains, he is innocent.

But Assange is only interested in one thing, Assange.

Associate
Assange is too much of a coward for that to happen. Any believer in the cause would relish the opportunity of a criminal trial to stand in the soapbox and declare his manifesto to the world, especially if, as Assange maintains, he is innocent.

But Assange is only interested in one thing, Assange.

The problem is that he would be charged under the US treason act presumably, those trials can be held in secret and with a military judge, Assange could be executed before saying a word to the public.

Soldato
The problem is that he would be charged under the US treason act presumably, those trials can be held in secret and with a military judge, Assange could be executed before saying a word to the public.

Cmon you cannot seriously believe that they would be able to extradite Assange, make him disappear into a military court and execute him??? It would be PR suicide. They can barely hold Manning in solitary and he was US military, caught red-handed in the US! Other than vindictiveness they have no reason to do it, Assange has done as much damage as he can do. It would just be bad publicity and I dont believe the US has any interest in the extra headache of Assange when they already have Manning.

Of course if everyone knows that assange would have to go to Sweden to face trial, so his constant requests for 'assurances', as though its up to Assange to make the terms of his extradition. the guy has a yellow streak the size of his fat head.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cmon you cannot seriously believe that they would be able to extradite Assange, make him disappear into a military court and execute him??? It would be PR suicide. They can barely hold Manning in solitary and he was US military, caught red-handed in the US! Other than vindictiveness they have no reason to do it, Assange has done as much damage as he can do. It would just be bad publicity and I dont believe the US has any interest in the extra headache of Assange when they already have Manning.

Of course if everyone knows that assange would have to go to Sweden to face trial, so his constant requests for 'assurances', as though its up to Assange to make the terms of his extradition. the guy has a yellow streak the size of his fat head.

Exactly why does he really not want to go to Sweden, Assange will have many advisers so he will know the deal. The Swedish allegations sound a bit daft. So what's his game. Either he enjoys the limelight too much or as you said just is to scared.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;22579572 said:
Err because they are legally obliged to? They can't just decide not to bother.

The only reason why its likely this situation wouldnt exist with Joe Random is because Joe Random wouldn't have the option of suggesting its all a nasty conspiracy from the horrible USA and therefore a South American embassy would laugh and close the door. Therefore Joe Random wouldn't be able to attempt to escape allegations of sexual assault quite as easily..

So are you saying that you think Assange won't be extradited to the US if he goes to sweden to answer the sexual assualt charges?

Capodecina
Soldato
I seem vaguely to recall a case, not so many years ago where some murderous South American dictator was granted asylum by a Tory politician; I don't remember the names of the personalities involved but I have a vague feeling that one of them might have been called something like Pinocchio, the Tory politician was a milk snatching grocer I think :confused:

Soldato
So are you saying that you think Assange won't be extradited to the US if he goes to sweden to answer the sexual assualt charges?

I highly doubt it would be in the interest of the US to try and grab Assange, Obama isnt going to want to drag an australian out of europe to face a military court. He wasnt interested in doing it out of the UK, are the swedes any more likely to agree to an extradition? Why bring up all the arguments of Guantanamo and rendition again, they have their leak and he is where they want him. Also the Oz government has been very quiet so far, Assange is an australian living in the UK and must live by UK laws - if hes carted off to america to face the death penalty in a military tribunal they would have to kick up one hell of a storm. Why would America want to sour relations with Europe and Australia for a nobody like Julian Assange whose done all the damage he is going to????

No, the whole thing has been dreamt up by Assange to keep his miserable behind out of sweden and therefore away from career ruining sexual assault charges. this way hes the martyr, the other way hes the pervert.

Last edited:
Soldato
I highly doubt it would be in the interest of the US to try and grab Assange, Obama isnt going to want to drag an australian out of europe to face a military court. He wasnt interested in doing it out of the UK, are the swedes any more likely to agree to an extradition? Why bring up all the arguments of Guantanamo and rendition again, they have their leak and he is where they want him. Also the Oz government has been very quiet so far, Assange is an australian living in the UK and must live by UK laws - if hes carted off to america to face the death penalty in a military tribunal they would have to kick up one hell of a storm. Why would America want to sour relations with Europe and Australia for a nobody like Julian Assange whose done all the damage he is going to????

No, the whole thing has been dreamt up by Assange to keep his miserable behind out of sweden and therefore away from career ruining sexual assault charges. this way hes the martyr, the other way hes the pervert.

Sweden has a long and colourful history of rendition that is why, you answered you're own post.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;22581429 said:
Ah presumption, always excellent in a legal debate.

You mean like where we presume because the USA has, to date, not begun proceedings that they will not in the future. Then sweep the whole potentiality of the possibility under the carpet with a dismissive wave.

Soldato
Apparently the poor sod is bordering on depression in the embassy basement :( This is an awky momo, because if the police enter and arrest, it can be seen as an act of war against equador which is just LOL.

I cannot see this ending well, he may as well just give himself up.

Soldato
Apparently the poor sod is bordering on depression in the embassy basement :(

Well if you annoy, quite severely, the most powerful nation to ever have hit this planet then you can't really expect to get away with a nice comfortable life afterwards can you.

Soldato
The *** can rot in there for all i care. The number of people that **** has killed or compromised so he can try and keep his little white behind out of a swedish prison makes me wish nothing but the worst for him.

Soldato
The number of people that **** has killed or compromised so he can try and keep his little white behind out of a swedish prison makes me wish nothing but the worst for him.

Who has he killed to escape questioning by Swedish authorities? Have I missed something? Did he run across the rooftops shooting coppers as he pirouetted from building to building before bungee-jumping down clock tower into an awaiting speedboat with a scantly clad Ecuadorian secret agent inside to whisk him to safety?

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
Who has he killed to escape questioning by Swedish authorities? Have I missed something? Did he run across the rooftops shooting coppers as he pirouetted from building to building before bungee-jumping down clock tower into an awaiting speedboat with a scantly clad Ecuadorian secret agent inside to whisk him to safety?
Sounds like a great idea for a film script :D

Soldato
The *** can rot in there for all i care. The number of people that **** has killed or compromised so he can try and keep his little white behind out of a swedish prison makes me wish nothing but the worst for him.
He hasn't killed anyone.
Wikileaks would still operate without him, he's just a spokesman.

Soldato
He hasn't killed anyone.
Wikileaks would still operate without him, he's just a spokesman.

Although im in his corner over extradition, it has to be pointed out that people are dead as a direct result of his actions, and its pretty hard to try and say he wouldn't have known that would happen.

Back
Top Bottom