British workers 'among worst idlers', suggest Tory MPs

Caporegime
When almost all the important jobs in the UK include the great wonders of...

1.Sitting at a desk for hours on end.
2.Occasionly getting up for a coffee or toilet break.
3.Getting pranked on by the office workers (can be good or bad).
4.Depending on the boss and his/her mood, getting berated or ignored constantly or if you happen to be a good worker, the boss treats you better, thus having the other workers take a dim view of you.

The whole economy is based on us being idle, so these MPs who also sit on their ass most of the time can are making a pointless statement for the hell of it.

I guess there was nothing else to make a statement on.

Soldato
I agree with the Tory statement, a lot of us don't bother to work because even if we DO bother, Mohammed or Nikolai are always willing to work longer hours, for less pay, no questions asked.

To be fair I can't blame them for idling either, as much as I dont agree with it.

Soldato
Politics lol, got to hate them, love to see some of them give up there nice paid jobs and come to where the real workers are on minimum wage for 40 hours and try to survive on that, they won't be running around in bentleys then.

Soldato
First hand observation.

However, if you don't like my anecdote, see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13638310 - MPs report an average of 69 hours a week (excluding travelling time and 'extra curricular' MP activity)

Not denying it's long hours, but certainly not double (excluding travel time, but they know that comes with the job).
Besides, I don't see what this has to do with what I said, I was pointing out that I (a British worker) am not an idler, I did not say that I work harder/longer hours than an MP or that my job is easier.

Man of Honour
Politics lol, got to hate them, love to see some of them give up there nice paid jobs and come to where the real workers are on minimum wage for 40 hours and try to survive on that, they won't be running around in bentleys then.

Those who have got themselves off the bottom rung of the ladder upwards are not real workers then?

Soldato
Not denying it's long hours, but certainly not double (excluding travel time, but they know that comes with the job).
Besides, I don't see what this has to do with what I said, I was pointing out that I (a British worker) am not an idler, I did not say that I work harder/longer hours than an MP or that my job is easier.
Then why would you like an MP to swap with you?

Back
Top Bottom