Help!!

Associate
Thinking of buying a newish car, and came across one i really like but it's got rust see pic... I have been told it's a reaction from the cleaning chemicals and the brake dust. I don't know much about cars but that sounds a bit fishy to me. What do you guys think?
And yes I know it's a Skoda but I love them:p

35dcen5.jpg

Man of Honour
Just normal surface rust where the coating on the drum has started to give in (this happens over time)

If you are that bothered just rub it down and repaint. Certainly not a reason to reject the car!

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, i'm not too fussed about it now I know it's normal, didn't really want to buy it and end up having to spend more for new discs... Will look at the car in more detail tomorrow, but as far as I could see it was the only thing wrong with it.
Thanks again peeps

Soldato
As everyone above, nothing to worry about - with a drum brake the shoes sit inside of everything you can see there on pivots and connected by springs. The shoes push against the inner edge of the drum when you press the pedal which slows you down. Overall concept is not that different to a disc really, its just not as effective and you cant see the gubbins

Back
Top Bottom