Mini Itx case FT03 Mini v SG08

Associate
Hi Guys

I currently have an FT01 and I'm looking to downsize to an ITX case and am tempted by the FT03 Mini and SG08 I'm struggling to decide though due to the compromises that have to be made with a sff build

I'll be buying a h77 or z77 mb and either an Ivybridge i7 or i5 (haven't yet decided how far I can stretch the budget). I already have a Sapphire 6970 dual fan which I'd like to fit.

I notice that the cooler on the card is slightly wider than two slots probably a few mm so am a bit concerned whether it will fit the cases? Has anyone fitted this or a similar card with a custom cooler?

A second question I'm leaning toward the FT03 Mini over the SG08 as it will fit my available space better but am concerned over the lack of air access for the graphics card as there are no side vents does anyone know the temps I'm going to be looking at? In my FT01 it idles at around 50 degrees and tops out at about 76.

Associate
Sorry I didn't catch this thread sooner! But the maximum length of card that the FT03-MINI will fit is 10 inches exactly so your 6970 will not fit as it is an 11 inch long card.

The SG08 on the other hand, can fit cards up to 12.2 inches.

If you are willing to upgrade to current generation graphics cards to keep FT03-MINI's form factor, below are some you can consider (length of cards are based off of reference design):

9.5 inches - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
10 inches - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

9.75 inches - AMD Radeon HD 7870
8 inches - AMD Radeon HD 7850

Associate
OP
Oh

Thanks for the reply that's odd though according to Sapphires website the card is just less than 10 inches. It was actually the depth of the card I was worried about as it is slightly over 2 expansion slots.

I've just received the case today so will be doing the build tonight so guess I'll see then. I guess if it doesn't fit I'll have to consider a shiny new card too :)

Associate
OP
Well build is done and you were right 6970 doesnt fit. Bloody Sapphire website is wrong by over an inch the dual fan version is just over 11 inches. Well time to ebay the 6970 I guess.

Not sure I can stretch to a GTX 670 any suggestions around the £250 mark?

Permabanned
I just got the FT03 and it's amazing! My build is

i7 3770k, 680 GTX, 16GB, 2 SSD, Slot loading drive, P8Z77-I Deluxe

Currently all sat on the bench clocked at a tidy 4.8Ghz

I will start to fit into case tomorow maybe. I've seen some mods of others and my own i want too do

Back
Top Bottom