The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Associate
Black and white 2 for the win!

Do you get the stutter or slowdown I think it is? I had it on my old system really stopped me from enjoying the game, apparently it doesn't like new hardware

Associate
iAqEcEeG10XFR.bmp

iuSb5aEWmSwsw.bmp

i6ElXo0H0n4uq.bmp

ibcHYP6qN9eBWh.bmp

ibtecvR3OwKTfY.bmp

iKieYmqpaGEfl.bmp

iIlJNVY3y86Z1.bmp

iZ8RXGX3RUahF.bmp

Unmechanical with FXAA.

Associate
Black and white 2 for the win!

Do you get the stutter or slowdown I think it is? I had it on my old system really stopped me from enjoying the game, apparently it doesn't like new hardware

Apart from a couple of crashes, I haven't run into any performance issues

white201208160010193.png

white201208161239009.png

white201208161240348.png

white201208161243162.png

white201208161244539.png

Associate
ARMA 2: Combined Operations [ACE]

I don't even...

35O9p.jpg

This is the result of a low airbase fly-past with the refuelling probe of the HC-130 extended. Two aircraft sat on the ramp magically attached! :o:D

FXaX5.jpg

Ready for launch on the Nimitz class carrier.

ac5IZ.jpg

Soldato
screenshot14f.png

I found this one suited my tastes very nicely during the day, but sadly the nights where so dark i could hardly see anything and in the end it just frustrated me.

So i tried this one:

screenshot23g.png

screenshot17km.png

screenshot32a.png

This version provided me with what i wanted, nice realistic look during the day and visible during the nights.

They both had to be compatible with Climates of Tamriel.

At one point i had Skyrim using up to 2.8gb of Video memory, decided i didn't need it using that much lol, so i turned it down :)

Associate
The 1st game that kills my GTX 690 @1440P I can only muster up 15fps at the moment. At 1080p it hovers safely above 30 but it's the 1st game where I've noticed a huge performance hit (with HD textures of course)

Update : Ah there's an SLI fix I take all of the above back :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Am I the only one who thinks WoW looks extremely console-y? The amount of irony in that is painful. :p

That isn't a stab at the graphics, many games suffer from the same problem WoW does (Sleeping Dogs & Max Payne 3 comes to mind) where everything seems to square and unnatural. WoW isn't a console port, though. :p

Soldato
Am I the only one who thinks WoW looks extremely console-y? The amount of irony in that is painful. :p

That isn't a stab at the graphics, many games suffer from the same problem WoW does (Sleeping Dogs & Max Payne 3 comes to mind) where everything seems to square and unnatural. WoW isn't a console port, though. :p

Parts of WoW's 3D engine are over 10 years old now, so it pre-dates current consoles by some margin. It doesn't do too badly considering its age, especially when it's in motion.

Blizzard have some of the best animators and graphics artists in the business.

Soldato
Parts of WoW's 3D engine are over 10 years old now, so it pre-dates current consoles by some margin. It doesn't do too badly considering its age, especially when it's in motion.

Blizzard have some of the best animators and graphics artists in the business.

When it comes to CGI cutscenes, I agree, they are fantastic. When it comes to actual games though, they must be working on extremely outdated tools, because even Diablo III is graphically a joke. Starcraft 2 is pretty good looking, though, but there is nothing unique about it in terms of visuals, Command & Conquer 4 (as crap as it was) looked as good.

Back
Top Bottom